Agnostic.com

18 0

Is anyone doing anything cool for St. Patrick's Day?

MrHeathen420 3 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would love to play my bagpipes again but it would take too long to get my lips strengthened and then find someone to harmonize with. This is and instrument you have to play every week at least in order to keep everything that is held together by string and whose reeds and drones, bag all have to be seasoned. And then you can't enjoy a few good beers without have to fear Deputy Dog waiting down the road. Life is not as it used to be.

Nope it's a day full of amateurs imbibing cause they're "Irish"..

or thinking because they have ancestors who are Irish that they are Irish.

@LeighShelton like me..Irish heritage on both sides..oddly people Tell me I'm Cherokee..it's usually a wtf moment..lol

We used to call them "Rookies" An Irishmen or Woman is never drunk unless they cannot find a blade of grass to keep them from falling off the face of the earth. I knew a lot of women who could drink many a man under the table.

I think we would all be surprised at our DNA results considering Britain and the USA are mongrel nations. I was born in England so im English.

@LeighShelton my older brother just had his DNA done..we're 80% Irish,10% GB, 8% So.African,2% S.E Asian..lol

if you were born in America your American

I'll be attending my father's memorial that day (was scheduled a couple months post passing due to flakey northern weather). It will be nice to see many relatives who I don't see often. Being a sober alki, drinking alcohol won't be part of it.

Zster Level 8 Mar 4, 2018

Hanging out with friends in Tampa.

I'm going to see Todd Snider in concert

Nothing cool here that day. I don't even care if I have green beer or not.

Visit the herpetology exhibit at the zoo and then get drunk.

Could nip over the border to Southern Ireland, one last time, while its still free before it becomes a hard border again beacuse of our Brexit problems.

St. Patty's used to be big for me in the Western New York State and Canada area. Now in Georgia...not so much. They don't celebrate it much here. It is especially disheartening because I now know that I am descended from Niall of the Nine Hostages and his father, King Eochaid (not a big deal really because these guys "really got around", if you know what I mean.).

@Stevil
Just not worth the trouble by myself.

Avoiding other people.

I do my share of avoiding other people. Usually I pretend I'm not home on weekends. lol

Hoping to attend the annual parade! A party would be great, but my crowd aren't really partiers unfortunately.

@ScienceBiker My friends still like to do stuff, but they're mostly introverts too and don't like to get crazy. I guess I have a wild streak.

It may not be cool, but I love making corned beef and cabbage around St. Patricks Day. Good stuff!!

I do, too. It's a family tradition.

Drinking is ... ... cool.

Or the act of joining friends' merriment is cool. Drinking is only one portion of that activity. A 75% portion is still one portion of a whole, right?

I'm going to NaNoCon in Nashville with a bunch of other heathens.

no' even a wee drap o the harrd stuff?

I don't drink but I could do that anytime

Tullamore Dew.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 4, 2018

Yeah, I'm gonna get drunk on Irish whisky. That's what St. Patrick's day is all about.

It's my daughter's birthday, so I'll be messaging her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.