Agnostic.com

10 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...and why not. God will look after the poor and destitute which frees the church up to embrace the important things in life like property development and arms manufacturing.

I always found ti a bit disconcerting, growing up iin a Mormon family n the Los Angeles area, how many Mormons where employed by the military industrial complex (defense industry), whose wives did not know what they did for a living because it was "top secret". Your mentioning of arms manufacturing just brought tht to mind.

That and tax cuts for the wealthiest. MAGA!!!!!

---derp.....

Having been raised as a Moron, I have heard the church leaders say the same thing. How unethical can they get?! Yes, you have to a Moron to be a Mormon! I'm just happy that I wised up and left Moronism behind me.

Fuck that for a joke, Children and Family first and foremost then church and church tax (tithes) way way down the line below absolutely ANYTHING else.
Bloody Moronic sheeple, it makes me even prouder to be an Atheist.

"... then on the way back home, my father wondered, should I take the wheel or should I let god take it? And from his decision, I learnt that god provides for orphans..."
??

Old dickless scumbags. Why do they have so many wifes?

zesty Level 7 Apr 5, 2019

I once bought into that sorted story, if you give (money to the church), then ‘it will come back to you 10 fold!’ And I believed it worked, when I saw any little thing come back my way! Back then...I did not understand the randomness of the Universe! When we are told that we will ‘get back, what we give,’ at a young age, we believe it, because we want to believe in magic!

So the church leaders can buy another Lamborghini, or have a bigger swimming pool installed.

Strangely Mormon church officials and leaders get no income from the church work they do. All church work is done voluntarily with no compensation in the Mormon church.

Don’t forget Airplanes!

@snytiger6 But do they get a house, food, clothing, etc, etc?

@snytiger6 but who owns all the businesses connected to the church? And, who controls where the church purchases and invests and where they do So?

@snytiger6 That's what they tell you, the truth is far, far different though.

@Triphid I left when I still a teenager, but on thinking back I do remember some church employees who got paid for their work.

Religious morality in a nutshell!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:325102
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.