Agnostic.com

14 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Where was Donald Trump? who said he would go in even without a gun?

"cop felt threatened" = aquittal of any wrongdoing

Marz Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Guess gaaawd was pissed with him..lol

I am sorry, but if your god can't protect you in his own house, perhaps you need a better god ....or none at all.

Just one more story that makes my so glad to live in Canada.

Where was his god?

If you have a gun in town anywhere other than a shooting range, you are basically an armed gunman, and there are very few chances being taken with them these days. Not much patience being extended either. If you are thinking about doing concealed carry to protect yourself (and for some that is necessary), you should have no illusions about the added risks you are also taking on. Law enforcement officers and security guards want to go home to their families at the end of their shifts, too.

I do realize that this guy is somewhat different, truly just being a good semaritan. But it demonstrates the point. For me, I decided, on balance, concealed carry would make me less safe.

This is no surprise. Think of all the armed teachers who will be shot. I bet they didn't think of that!

SamL Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Obviously they didn't and it is really such an important point. 40 years ago I was a banker, we were armed, and we took on our employers forcing them to dispense with guns for bank staff. If a bandit knew were weer armed , they are much more likely to shoot. We have less shooting here even in armed hold ups because the criminals do not think every movement is someone pulling a gun. Strange as it sounds, an unarmed public is safer.

This illustrates the problem of a police force. The police are just people like everyone else, thus logically anyone has the potential to do the job of the police. If enough people have the training, which is entirely possible in the information age, people can prevent harm without waiting for the police. The police themselves, are prone to corruption with a long list of reasons and motivations.

That is beyond ridiculous. Don't bother to reply because that is the nicest thing you will get out of me on this subject.

Racial profiling I wonder? Poor guy. Does a good deed and gets shot.

Looks that way.

WTF!!! Too bad it wasn't Trump that got shot.

So much for the "good guy with a gun."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Happens a lot. Lay on the ground before the trigger-happy uniforms get there, you Might be spared!

And yet another complication to the "everybody should be armed" argument.

By everybody I think they mean"every white man".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.