Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Iranian lawmakers approve measure labeling US forces in Middle East terrorists

I'm surprised it took this long. According to Al Jazeera, this designation is being considered all around the globe. 😔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One Man's Terrorist another Man's Freedom Fighter

@SeaGreenEyez Simply a comment on the evocative power of words, the way in which something or some action can be raised up or demonised by the way it is described and from the point of view for which it is observed or branded and sold to a gullible public for the sake of political expediency.
Such a phrase does not need to accurate to useful.
For a simple example, are resistance fighters in an occupied country terrorists or freedom fighters very much depends on if you are the occupier or the occupied and ultimately who wins.
In his time Nelson Mandela was described as both.

@SeaGreenEyez
Actually the word terroriste (original spelling) is French not American and was a derogatory name given to the victorious revolutionaires when they began persecuting the people of France in a much worse manner than the aristocracy ever did in the name of the Freedom they had fought for.
Hence my original quotation of a 17th century cliché translated from the French original
« le terroriste de l'un, c'est le résistant de l'autre »

@SeaGreenEyez So was I, it is French not American, it may get used world wide but it is a 200 and odd year old French cliché, used for the purposes of political demonization, that's all I was saying, I would not presume to lecture you in language use, you are perfectly eloquent

What else could one possibly call them after all they have no business being there.

Years ago, the radicals did not just wake up one morning, decide to play pin the tail on the donkey, and attack the first nation were the pin landed . . . . . they decided to attack America because America was, (and still is, to this day) constantly interfering in the affairs of the Arab world, from the Levant to Iran. If the USA takes it upon themselves to act as the worlds policeman, what is to stop the Arab world from taking it upon themselves to create a counter-force? It is the nature of the world, force produces counter force. The problem with what America has done, besides the fact that it is contrary to international laws in place, is that when they interfere in the affairs of other nations, they do it with very little knowledge of the culture they are dealing with, or the forces at work within the nations they interfere with. When the US goes into another nation, they go in like a bunch of cowboys who shoot first and ask questions later, and the result is always disaster.
From CNN, June 18, 2015 . . . . . "Nearly 60 million people were counted as forcibly displaced in 2014, according to the Office of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). There are more refugees in the world today than ever previously recorded -- and more than half are children, the United Nations refugee agency said Thursday." The USA has been busy destabilizing the whole world, committing war crimes, and the mainstream press has been supporting the whole thing. The idiots in Washington are NOT interested in peace any more than Israel is interested in peace.

THHA Level 7 Apr 16, 2019

One persons Patriot is another person's terrorist

@SeaGreenEyez is this not true. What Iran sees as a Patriot fighting for the country is simultaneously viewd by us as a terroris. And visa versa. A simple statement of fact. Frame of reference. Depends upon where you are living.

@SeaGreenEyez Just sayin' its the way any nation views itself and its enemies.

And I agree about how we are running our covert ops in Iran. Only under the Donald can our world esteem drop so low.

Payback for trump

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 16, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:332389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.