Agnostic.com

17 5

QUESTION Duck Dynasty Dad: The Bible is Enough to “Stop Human Beings from Murdering” – Friendly Atheist

Of course the Bible has to be heavy enough to knock a would be murderer unconscious and/or stop a bullet.

NerdyOkieDude 7 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that he has got it backwards. From the stories that his bible contains to the crusades and in modern times, religious warfare tend to refute his assumption.

How far have we fallen into the pit of dogma when people sit up and take notice of some mangy flea-bit dirtbag like Robinson pontificating about what that book of fiction he probably didn't read says? I won't pay attention to a dang thing he mumbles through his greasy beard, unless he can stick that duck call up his ass and play the National Anthem. Get tootin', baby!

Uhhh...does he think it was just discovered? Cause there's a whole lot of murder piling up since Cain supposedly murdered Abel lol.

Sounds like he hasn't read his duck-taped bible! Do you think the duck tape is because it's well-worn/read, or is it deliberatly applied to give the illusion of use? Duck tape, Duck Dynasty.

A duck has more intelligence then this guy.

These people are obviously trying to sell this nonsense to dummies. The "Bible for dummies" book.

I know better than this and have proof right out of my own family...the Bible or it's indoctrination did not stop murder!

they are the perfect example of religion gone wrong--idiots all of them

Maybe if they just read, "Thou shalt not kill." and not all of the parts where god orders murders.

JimG Level 8 Mar 6, 2018

Duck Dynasty is another Reality TV show. Before the family came up with a top selling duck call they looked like normal people. Reality TV came along and re-made them into Daniel Boone types and they became famous. Some of them from time to time have taken to talking about god and the bible. Big mistake.

I guess he didn't read ANY of the Old Testament!!!

Right! God started the murdering.

quack

Humorus story. I was with my daughter-in-law, a dynasty watcher, standing by a pond with some ducks on it. She wondered what kinds of ducks they were and I responded that they are American Coots. She asked how did I know that and I said, while you was watching duck dynasty, I was watching a documentary on ducks.

This clip made me wonder for a minute.
What was the last sucessful government/society that was based on religious ideas?

Hasn't worked so far

In spite of all the murdering done in the bible.

Stopped watching Duck Dynasty when religion took it into a Bible study years ago.

Saw that earlier. That dude is scary stupid.

Is he really stupid, or a savvy marketer?

@RhondaShotwell Does it really matter?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.