Agnostic.com

42 5

How much sleep do you get?

And how often do you get it?

I live on the west coast US and I know I am a world away from many people on this site. I see posts at all hours and wonder, does anyone sleep?

• 5 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 34 votes
  • 37 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 4 votes
Akfishlady 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never enough, even if I sleep for nine hours (which I last did in about 1986.)

Jnei Level 8 Mar 7, 2018

I usually get about 6 to 7 but my posts are at 4 am because I get up at 3am

Running on a deficit today. Her Royal Cuteness got me up at 4:30 am.

Most often 7-8 hours. Occasionally 8.5 - 9.5 hours, depending on life. I try to keep generally the same sleep schedule, even on days off from work.

Varies but I do notice that I feel better if I get 7.5 or more.

Sleep deprivation leads to a myriad of health issues. Therefore, everyone should make it a priority to get enough sleep. As a rule, I get between 7-9 hours a night. Sleep disorders and chronic sleep loss can put you at risk for: Heart disease, Heart attack, Heart failure, Irregular heartbeat, High blood pressure, Stroke, and Diabetes.

[webmd.com]

I am living on borrowed time 😟

@HippieChick58 I should give died in the 80's.

...and naps during the day. I am retired!

Not nearly enough. 6 - 7 hours but it's "segmented sleep": 2 or 3 hours, then wake up for a hour or so, then back to sleep for a few more hours. Difficult when you have a full time job!

Planning to retire in a year or two and can't wait

I am Retired and with no boss of me... so I can get as much I want and when I want to for as long I want to.

I need a minimum of 6, but never more than 8.

It's entirely random and determined by my neurochemistry, which means I don't have a circadian rhythm, I have a circadian drum solo. Narcolepsy sucks.

Depression has always had a weird, almost random effect on my sleep patterns. For exaple, this last week I slept 6 hours a night for 3 nights before being woken up by it's effects and then after that I only slept 4 hours waking due to the depressions usual intense impact. But last night however, I went to bed at around 4pm (I work graves) and didn't wake until 10am this morning. I didn't wake feeling depressed as usual which is always great, but man, this sleep pattern is weird. I always having to set multiple alarms just in case.

Always been a good sleeper...well until the last few months anyway. Funny how I usually get up within 10 minutes of 9:34a which was when I was born.

I find my sleep varies form 6-10 hours dempendign on how much or what i did th epreviosu day. I just sleep until i wake up.

My sleep has always been all over the place. I usually seem to sleep in shifts. It would be nice to have a regular schedule.

Not enough I get about 4 or 5 hours.

Have you ever heard the phrase "I will get sleep when I die" I think most of my life my body and mind have been riding that wave.

I push the envelope way too often between this site, FB, my books, crafts, and kitties. I was doing good for a while, but then this site became my addiction. And then there is my insomnia. Once in a while I will get 8 hours or more. Ain't gonna happen tonight. Ah heck, I can sleep when I'm dead, which may be sooner than later....

I recently found out I have sleep apnea, eventhough I'm fairly thin, lots of folks have it too without knowing it, if you wake up to urinate during the night, please get checked for apnea.

I'm east coast. Stay up late and get up early. 3 hours is my usual.

Voted 4 to 6 hours, but there are times when I have to get a nap during the day when I get stressed for lack of sleep or am feeling a bit sick. Said naps will last between 1 and 3 hours, depending....

Never feels like enough when the bed is too comfortable. The winter layoff from work acts as a means for me to catch up on any sleep debt though, so I'll get more than enough sleep through the day. During work days, it's probably 6-7 given I gotta wake up pretty early and have a bad habit of going to bed at like midnight at the earliest.

I mostyl get enough, though past few nights dogs has been restless with the weather, and bloody chooks before the sun is up

Usually about 6-8 hours.

7 to 7 and a half hours typically sees me ready for what's ahead. If I've been working hard, it turns into 8.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.