Agnostic.com

18 1

What's the oldest thing you own and still use?

My answer: probably some of my family's flatware. It's over fifty years old, good, solid, simple stainless steel, and still in very good condition.

bleurowz 8 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a yoyo I stole from the mall of America 25-26 years ago, that has to be the oldest thing Ive personally acquired. FWIW I emailed the the store 2-3 years ago to return or pay for it as an example to my kids, no response even though their still in business.

It's one of those stacked stereo systems with the record-player on top.

A small bedside cabinet that I made in woodwork class in about 1975.

I have the family bible from the 1800’s - I can’t say that I use it though?

Husband's penis.

zesty Level 7 Apr 25, 2019

easiest answer is coffee cups...I have coffee cups from the 70's...still use, for brushes and knives(painting)...

my bladder.

wait, my nutcracker, bottle openeer and cracked craved antique chair are all older than i am. they joined my family before i did. i still use them. i have books older than i am too.

g

Walt Whitman -- Leaves Of Grass With Autobiography -- 1900

My body and my mind

I use my grandmother's cedar chest. I've had it for 31 years. I still have a game that I bought in 1996 for my son at work. Both are still in perfect condition. My car is a 2006 Hyundai, not perfect but only appearance flaws.

I have a tendency to use things until they wear out.

The oldest part of my house goes back to around 1840, I have tshirts from the seventies I still occasionally wear and a pair of jeans from around then that have just been fetched out of the suitcase storage. I have old 78 records I still listen to sometimes. Quite a bit of my furniture and ornaments around the house are from the 18 and 19 century I have garden tools and work tools that my great great grandfather and each generation since have used .. probably a lot of other old stuff around that I still use and never wonder about their age.f

I still have a jeans jacket that I wore to Woodstock in 1969...I was 15...it still fits!

I also have a rice warmer that was passed down to me from my Japanese grandparents...it is probably over 100 years old...It is wooden and I only use it for special family dinners...

A USMC K-Bar knife, I bought in a military surplus store, back in 1975.

I used to have an old knife, like an American made Swiss knife from 1963 when I was a kI'd. My brother, in the army at the time gave it to me. I retired it and gave it to my one son.

Drsmash took mine. LOL My body 🙂

Fun to think about, bleu! I bought a jacket in 1980, for my first trip out of North America and have used it every time since! It even went to Borneo! I have a cast iron skillet which my grandmother owned. It's GOT to be over a hundred years old...still well-seasoned and still non-stick!

Looking forward to seeing some other responses.

My body

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.