Agnostic.com

25 2

Are you a cat person or a dog person and why

• 15 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 0 votes
Peacefulperson 6 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your poll is missing some choices both or neither. I love all animals I have 3 cats 2 ferrets 2 dogs 4 rabbits and 5 chickens and 4 ducks. Cats are interesting because they seem to have a sassy attitude. Dogs loyalty and willingness to please is also a great attribute.

I like them both. Had a Yorkie but came home one day and my future ex wife of 36 years had moved out and took my dog, that was a year and a half ago and I still miss the dog. I asked her to watch my cat for a week when I moved recently and it got into some anti freeze and died, I don't like to think she did it on purpose.

I like them both, but I prefer dogs because cats are assholes.

I like that the cats are more independent and not so "needy" as dogs are. Also they can purr.

Dogs require a great deal of tiem and attetnion. If you dont' have the time to give to the dog, then I dont' think you shoudl have one. An animal isn't a toy you can put aside until you want to play with it.

By contrast a cat wont' let you ignore it. They will TAKE the time and atention they need.

As the sayign goes, "Dogs have masters. Cats have staff."

I am an animal person. I had dogs growing up and cats as an adult. Now I have both from different rescue shelters. My best friends have a horse ranch also with dogs and cats, that I have often worked on.

Dogs as a companion but I like most creatures. my fave animal is the elephant but I can't keep one of those. I do want to rescue a young bitch soon.I love my fish too

Doggies don't make my throat swell up and my eyes and nose run simultaneously. Plus they're cute 😉

Cats have more personality..and easier to take care of than dogs

Dogs. No litter box in the house needed

I love the walks

Need 3rd choice-both

I can relate to the "I'm no ones cat but my own" attitude

AdieG Level 4 Mar 8, 2018

Both. Also, almost any other critter.

I actually love both, dogs and cats, and especially the dogs and cats that get along.

Both,

I find cats to be far too independent to be perceived as loving as much as dogs. Though, I've known some cats who loved me and I them in return. Ideally, I like having a dog and a cat as a pair, though, sadly the cat will outlive the dog and will probably know another dog.

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

All animals! But do favor doggies! Have 7 and 3 cats ????

I prefer dogs, they are usually easier to get along with. Princess Gaia (cat) would suddenly get tired of being petted and you’d be bleeding. Just no.

CS60 Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Cat person. Because cats are better than dogs.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

I just clicked a choice so I could comment. I'm an animal lover and I've had both cats and dogs. I've had them both at the same time. I love animals and they love me. Animals are even attracted to me at the zoo. Currently I have no animals as I live alone. This would not be fair to the animals when I am gone. It could also be messy. My daughter has dogs and cats and I get along great with them. Two or three of them know who I am. I think they honestly know I am the father of their owner. It's not unreasonable to think that animals might know this. The ones that know it are the ones she sleeps with. I think they know this by smell.

I love all animals, even the ones who most people think aren't so cute, like snakes, opossums, and rats. None of them have ever done anything to fuck up the planet.

I like cats but am allergic to them. I've been a dog person since childhood.

Dogs mainly because they mind better, and potty outside.

All cats know me by name

I’m cat because dogs are a little too affectionate and they are not independent like cats are. Dogs tend to get on my nerves. Too much licking. If they are chill dogs. Then yes, I like them. But otherwise, no.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.