Agnostic.com

17 7

Evolution of the mind

Do you feel like you’re still evolving mentally? I feel like it’s a never ending process and it excelled especially after I shedded my religious belief long ago.

Kriptikos 6 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To really live is to be ever evolving in every way. Shedding anything that prevents this is so necessary for a happy, meaningful life. So glad you shed the religion that would deprive you of this.

I will never stop being curious about things therefore I will never stop learning

I agree for sure!! I am still learning everyday that i live, as i have went from believer to atheist to agnostic!

Well, I was always evolving as I studied all religions and went into them for a period of time and when there seem to be nothing else for me at these places I moved on. And, then I moved completely out of all religions and I felt stronger than ever i did in my past.

I hope everyone is evolving mentally, and I might add socially.

I stumble a lot and fall a lot, but I always get up and I am stronger when I rise up from the ground. I'm rising now as we speak. Slowly each day.

I agree and feel that you are exactly correct. We do evolve mentally with time and I'm able to see and remember some of my mistakes and even remarks from years past. I can see when I am wrong and I see recent "mental think" of 5 years ago or even less. I'm amazed at this because it often means I do not agree with myself in recent past. Sometimes it makes me ask mentally if I was an idiot. In my lifetime most of my beliefs have done a 360. I hope all for the better.

[en.wikipedia.org] The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku is something you may enjoy.

Always learning something new

Life is a learning curve

Not any more, I am aware that I have, but now I am struggling with the few remaining brain cells I have left.

To me the meaning of Life (writ large) is to evolve. I think we humans devolve as we get older but evolve through learning. There is no question I am evolving (mentally, emotionally and physically) as I make a conscious effort to do so. Unfortunately for many of us there are cretins who think all knowledge comes from some diety and all they have to do is to controll others.

Logic and knowledge are the most sublime, is like having intercourse with the universe every day.

nope I'm going backwards for sure

lol

We are constantly experiencing, and hopefully learning.

I agree..it's definitely a process for me..one that I love exploring, and prodding to greater understanding of myself and the world I inhabit.

Learning is a never ending process for me. I usually read about an average of a book a day. Mostly novels, form which you can still learn things, and lso soem nonfiction too.

i just find it to be a real delite o come to ba better understandign of the world and of people...although a lot of what I have learned about human nature is often disappointing, havign a better understandign of disappointing behavior goes a logn way to making me feel better about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.