Agnostic.com

43 4

If you're not married, would you marry again? Never say never, of course. But at the moment I can't imagine wanting to do that. I've done so much on my own and I like my life the way it is. What is your perspective?

chicagojcb 7 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I ever decide to get married again, please shoot me in the head.

I can say with 99% certainty that I will never remarry. If I did it would mess up some retirement benefits I am entitled to. If my future potential long term is rich as Croesus I may reconsider, The liklihood of that happening.... I'm pretty sure I'm going to die single.

Not going to have any more children. Reality is there's no reason to marry unless it is to protect an estate.

Ive been married and I didnt want too so who knows lol?

The first time it is a mistake, the second time its your own damm fault. I always tried to hard and probably with the wrong people or I got to realize that those who wanted to marry were afraid of being alone. I know lots of people who have children and are not married and then at some point for some strange reason, they decide to but say that it doesn't make anything any different. Its usually for moneytary or health insurance reasons.

To be completely honest, unless she can match my assets and sign a prenup....absolutely not. Why should someone get a piece of something they didn't help earn. Sorry if that offends...actually I'm not sorry lol. I worked my butt off....not giving it away thru divorce laws.

My greatest joy would be to get married one more time..I have been married 3 times and never had a harsh word with any...Even though I divorced #1.

I have been married 3 times...1 amicable divorce, Twice Widowed, I would love to get married one more time. My Mom died at 102 so I have the genes. Marriage would be better because I am retired US Navy and the advantage would be Hers. Living alone is no fun.

My last Seagoing command was Staff Commander 7th Fleet...USS Oklahoma City (CLG5) A light Cruiser compared to USS Helena (a heavy Cruiser).

I would love to get married again...seems natural to Me.

I have been married 3 times...1 amicable divorce....twice widowed...I love being married but.....

I can hardly imagine it. Even if I went back with my ex I feel we would have a better chance without re-marrying. People can be committed without the paper, the church, and the vows. You also have to watch other people. They revel in making your marriage harder. If it appears that you have no problems they will assist you in bringing a few out for you.

If you're happy that way, more power to you.

As for me, I really enjoyed being married and would very much like it again. The companionship, the partnership, the commitment -- these are things that make me want to have a "forever" mate again. I suppose we don't have to be legally married, but there are also advantages, both financial and social, to having that legal relationship.

I don't think I would. Too much pain I still carry from my first marriage.

I honestly don't want to ever marry again, but if I met the right woman then I might

It would take someone pretty special to make me want to marry again. Long-term live together share the bills maybe have kids relationships? Sure. But actual marriage? Not so sure about that one...

I was married for 5 years, then lived with someone for 37 years, since he died I don't think I could do either again.

I see no need for the convention of marriage at this point in my life

I married for convenience and advantages; to get income support, cheaper combined insurance, protection, legal support, ability to rent hotel rooms and visit relatives without having to explain anything. But mostly because I tend to hang with men as pals, and have trouble hurting their feelings. Unfortunately, I'm also claustrophobic, so even a hint of marriage can make me feel panicked.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.