Agnostic.com

22 1

Would you get plastic surgery ? What do you think of people who get plastic surgery ?

I am considering getting some sort of facelift and wondering what the general perception is of plastic surgery ? And what are your judgements or perceptions of people who get plastic surgery ?

OnaM 6 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only if I lost a LOT of weight, and I needed to get rid of the loose skin.

I've had sort-of cosmetic surgery (a breast reduction done more for spine health than looks but is still considered cosmetic), and it was about as good an experience as one can say of anaesthetised procedures.

I'd have facial surgery if I could afford it. I'm no oil painting and no amount of weight loss is going to fix that. In my opinion, plastic surgery only becomes a problem when one is obsessed with it.

Nope. I don't see myself having plastic surgery to alter my appearance.
Unless I was in some sort of accident, and it was necessary to restore some
function. Otherwise, no way in hell. For everyone else, I say, to each, their own.
I think people should do whatever makes them happy.
Unfortunately, not all plastic surgeons are created equal, and there are
all too often really intended consequences.
Probably another reason why I wouldn't do it. I don't trust anyone with a knife,
anywhere near my face. Or other parts.

@ScienceBiker You are fucking hilarious.

There are different reasons for choosing plastic surgery, some healthy and other's not. There are surgeons that are reputable and there are surgeons that are opportunists and/or inept. As a potential consumer, it is up to you to do the research.

As for my judgment and perception…If it’s a positive in someone's life then it’s none of my business. If it’s negative then shame on the surgeon. Would I get plastic surgery?…For a medical reason, yes otherwise no. I’m happy as I am.

Betty Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

It is none of anybody's business, period! "Judgements" my ass !

IMO plastic surgery can be dangerous. Look what happened to Tara Flynn Boyle.

Lara flynn boyle. What a tragedy. She was such a beauty. I would have cast her as Aeon Flux back in the day. Dysmophia like that is so sad.

I am at that age where they eyelids are very droopy. Not dangerously droopy yet, but droopy sad. I've thought about getting the eyes done. I'm still thinking about it. I don't want anything else done really, but that's me. If it makes you happy, go for it but educate yourself first.

I’d totally do it. I’d get my stomach fat and extra chins sucked out. And while we’re at it, I would see if they could make me look like Jensen Ackles from Supernatural.

F- yeah. I'd put some stuff back where it was. I miss my B's.

Depends. If I had a cleft palate, yes. Unnecessary surgery, no.

you wouldnt have surgery for a cleft palate?

Typo@btroje

@Gatovicolo I thought so but want to make sure!

It is up to each person to decide that for themselves

I don't care what people do, unless they are distorting their faces into a scary mask. I suppose if people were bragging about how diet and exercise made them look younger, yet they have face lift scars, I would think them childish.

No fucking way. People who need to do more constructive things with their money.

Oh I broke my nose when I fell 3 years ago and they don't fix them anymore in the emergency room.

I think there's plastic surgery to 'correct' a disfigurement and 'vanity' plastic surgery and the line between the two is a little blurry.
Personally I wouldn't consider any kind of surgery except for life threatening conditions. I find I don't have much in common with people that obsess over their physical appearance. I guess I think they should have a little more going on.

Do what makes you happy . But I will say those who have had plastic surgery when they reach a certain age end up looking like walking corpses or a characture (think that's how you spell it) of themselves

Unless you have been deformed at birth or by accident or illness then why? Oh maybe its because you are a narcistic personality. My advise is save your cash and invest it in some quality psycho theopy .... less scar's I figure

Yes I would but not for cosmetic purposes. Other than to correct a problem which has bothered me to distraction over facial injuries and the like...

I guess its up to the individuel really and some have nore need thjan others.

I would for burn scars, otherwise no, many people do it, so many young girls I know have had boob jobs. I wish they wouldn't, but other than that no opinion either way.

Maybe and none of my business

I would have gotten a breast reduction when I was younger had it been affordable and as easy as they are now. My sister in law had it done and was in agony. Had issues years later as well.

A recently retired co-worker has had quite a few face lifts and it's noticeable but it's her business.
I look 10 years younger than my actual age so perhaps it's too easy for me to say I wouldn't do it but I have had two surgeries with one of them being major and nope nope nope

I have no problem with it. If it makes a person feel better about themselves, more power to them. Their money, their body, their decision.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.