Agnostic.com

32 1

Did Billy Graham do anything that injured our society?

No question that he had a huge influence on conversions but did it help or hurt society?

alon 6 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I liked his movie, that's it.

i do not know much about him apart from his advising nixon, which makes him suspect already, but he fathered franklin graham, and the existence of that pest is a bane to society. meanwhile, how can you ask whether conversions to his brand of (or any brand of) christianity helped or hurt society? do you really not know?

g

Why do you ask? You need a lot more context to prompt accurate answers.

You may as well ask if religion injured our society. Certainly, Graham promoted Christianity and all the sexism, bigotry, racism and brainlessness that goes with it. Those four features generate vastly more suffering than whatever benevolence than might accrue from Christian good-works.

Yes, he spread ignorance and spoiled 3 young generations. He should be exiled from his grave and burnt to the last bone.

Fathering Franklin Graham, for starts. Actually there was a lot more than that, but that alone is a quick and easy answer.

I'm still trying to think of anything he did that actually helped our society.

I’m not even sure who Billy Graham is so all I’ll say is he hasn’t had an effect on me.

Perhaps everyone has both injured and improved society in some way to some extent. I wonder if liberal atheists/agnostics think Graham or Trump has injured our society more. Off the cuff I would say Trump.

Yes

Off the cuff I'd say you were wrong. Off the cuff I'd say Graham helped pave the way for Trump. He was a politically active televangelist, after all.

@1of5 Interesting.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352235
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.