Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Follow Thrive Global on FacebookFollow Thrive Global on TwitterShare this article on WhatsAppFollow Thrive Global on LinkedInPinterest

FTA: So I get it. If you are reading this you might be going through the same thing. I’m here to help explain that everything you are going through is completely normal. You and I may have had a similar journey and you might feel scared or lost as well. Everything will get better. You just have to regard this time as a period of self-discovery. Here are the stages I regard to be accepting atheism and some of the obstacles you may have to go through to fully accept your final beliefs. {Or Non Beliefs}

zblaze 7 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The only ones I'm angry at are my parents and others who convinced me that the religious nonsense was true in the first place. They didn't know, and actually they might have been scared. I'm sure they wondered what happened to you after death. Not that we should want to die, but people are very much afraid of dying. If I try to study philosophy and other religions does that change the fact that gods have never written anything for you? If I follow the bible into 300 AD and see how it was decided what to put together and why, I've learned a lot.Then we get into that New Testament with 2 thirds of it's writings credited to a man who never met or never knew Jesus. Bible study takes you right out of the ministry and Christianity. BTW, "early church contemporaries" were not that at all. They fall in there somewhere at the 300 AD mark or just beyond.

Nah, none of that. I’m here to engage with intelligent and engaging minds. The content could as well be zoology or sub-Saharan art. It’s just the content here is broader and more eclectic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:353419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.