Agnostic.com

10 0

Isn't Satan the good guy?

I heard my friends kid talking about it they must of seen something online but if he supposedly punishes bad people shouldn't he be seen as good? A savior? Or is hell just a party...😄

• 8 votes
  • 1 vote
Carla_Jones 5 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All made up.

Carin Level 8 June 14, 2019

Of course he is. Oh sorry I though you said Santa

and you know where you stand with him lol

The religio-Nazis are just another form of Nazi.

THHA Level 7 May 31, 2019

Yes, Satin is absolutely a much better fictional character than the fictional Yahweh.

Read JOB... The God dude is like the worst shit ever. Satan is all about "don't be so fucking stupid."

Compare what he does to what god does in a book telling us how wonderful god is and Satan's a fucking saint.

1of5 Level 8 May 31, 2019

Lucifer is the word for light "Latin: morning star, literally, light-bringing, equivalent to lūci- (stem of lūx) light + -fer -fer." So light brings things to life. That would apply if he was not makebelieve.

there's no such thing as satan. don't feed to evangelical trolls.

I don't believe in him i was just thinking why do they think hes bad

@Carla_Jones oh. social norms. I think the historical analysis of community religious texts is fascinating. you take those little communities around judea prior to the first council at nicea. they developed different christian books based on the rules pertinent to their area and when these were brought forth at that first Nicean meeting the diversity was extreme. it just shows that the mythos they develop differentiates quickly if the communities aren't tightly bound. thats where all the little BS rules from Leviticus come from compered to other books of their buy-bull as well as the differing stories comparing the book of enoch to other texts that Anathasius accepted as canon for the orthodoxy. some communities didnt even have a satan nor a hell and heaven. I like yuval harari's approach to the topic of religion as a necessity for human identification for groups.

I believe George W Bush would say "Satan is good for us. He does the work God doesn't want to".

GWB, the leading theological illuminary of our times...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.