Agnostic.com

15 9

What is your most creative or amusing use of a bungee cord?

With a broken toe, today I used a bungee cord to attach my medical boot to the footrest of my beloved rowing machine at the gym.

Took three tries. Finally wrapped it around my ankle and attached it to the footrest at the heel.

Driving with my heels, I rowed vigorously for 20 minutes at 35 strokes/minute. This protected the broken toe.

Then lifted weights, did abdominal exercises and stretched.

I feel great. Thank you, bungee cord!

LiterateHiker 9 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very creative. Where there is a will there is a way. Good for you! Keep up the good fight, there is always a work around, it just needs some creative thought....

@scout123456

"I love your spirit," my boyfriend Bill texted. "You don't take orders from your foot, you give them!"

Hahaha! Thanks.

I occasionally use small ones to hold stompboxes onto my pedalboard during gigs.

Good job. You are doing the workouts that I should be doing. Lately I've been getting a little lazy.

My use has to do with innovative applications. My tech coworkers would never lash down PC gear on the hand trucks because they complained they never had enough long bungee cords, often spilling their cargo.

We threw away a lot of obsolete cat-5 cable so I'd just create various length loops using a figure 8 knot so that all we needed was the shorter lengths of bungee. Works just as well securing loads on my pickup truck. This stuff all would have gone to a landfill. Even figured out how to fashion a cargo net out of scrap computer cable.

I added a rain gutter along the house side of a patio gazebo (fabric on metal frame), so the rain would stop splashing on the patio window. Several bungee cords and a few tie wraps, epoxy to hold the downspout and success!
Oh, and I also have a bitty one holding my car's sun visor up, as it no longer stays on it's own.

I use be to attach a large furnace filter to a box fan in my woodworking workshop.

I used it to do a Jump (actually a swan dive) off a bridge in New Zealand (The Home Of Bungee Jumping) I went into the river up to my waist and gently recoiled back to almst where I jumped from.

alon Level 6 June 2, 2019

Whooooaaaaa!

I whipped my mailman across the face with a bungie cord once. It worked.

@indirect76

Why did you do that?

@LiterateHiker He was running away.

Also, because I’m joking.

@indirect76

I felt horrified. Glad it didn't really happen.

at a family party tied my nephew to a lamp post with a few turns of bungee cord - he was a mouthy 12 year old then/
use it to shape tree branches while growing
braided it makes a good dog lead for larger dogs that pull

Ha....you ask the best questions! So I used my bungee to secure a cat gate out of three pieces of ClosetMaid wire shelving. I ziptied two 7' long shelves together lengthwise, then used the bungee cord to attach that to the stair rail and on the other side, I installed a hook and eye in the top rail to open and close my "kitty gate". When the youngest kept climbing over to torment the foster kitty, I installed a third shelf at the top, at an angle sufficient to keep her out once and for all. That FINALLY worked. She is a determined little bugger.

@ReadyforaChange

You're a great problem-solver! Well done. Glad you like my posts.

I used to use a bungee as a safety belt around my waist when wearing chest waders in fast waster while fly fishing. I’m using one now to hold up the grass deflector in my lawn mower. And as an automatic closer on a shed door.

i don't know how creative or amusing this is, but when i first went to france, i had a couple suitcases and two working arms. a week and a half into the trip, i had an adventure, which i have written about, and to which i can link you but not right now, as i am still setting up my new computer, a whole 'nuther story, and that adventure resulted in my right arm's being broken, just below the shoulder, just where a reset would've been impossible. it just had to stay immobilized. so there i was traveling around with another six and a half weeks to go, and no way to transport my suitcases. i was staying in rennes, so i just popped on over to a rennish version of a five and dime and purchased a metal-and-vinyl upright rolling cart of the sort that people use to bring shopping, except this was lined in vinyl instead of open-grid with metal showing and no other protection. it didn't have so much as a snap to close its vinyl lid though, so i purchased a bungee cord or two and, having dumped the contents of one suitcase into it, bungeed the other suitcase to the top and literally singlehandedly went on my merry way.

g

A friend of mine has an old car with a worn-out drivers-side sun visor that won't stay up, but hangs down and provides a real obstruction for her vision. I took a six-inch bungee cord, hooked one end to the underside of the visor, and hooked the other end to the lip of the sunroof, creating a nice little cradle that keeps the visor out of her face. Thank you, MacGyver.

@Fit-50something

Good job! I love it.

Let's just say it involved black pleather and a safe-word.

Sorry, can't answer in this group, but I did in the Sexual Deviants group...including pics.

Ick.Some things are best kept private.

@ReadyforaChange agree, except for the ick comment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:355787
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.