Agnostic.com

26 2

What is the sweetest thing you can say to a woman? Or some of the best compliments that ladies love to hear? I'm trying to be much more of a classy gentleman to these lovely ladies by giving them old school compliments since millennial don't give don't carry that classical way of conquering a woman.

Rickyy 4 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Conquering" a woman? Seems like a 21st century atitude adjustment may be the rX for you.

godef Level 7 Mar 12, 2018

"conquer a woman?"

Beyond my disbelief at that comment, I would say if you ask a question then listen more than lip service to the answer. I think men and women want the same things. To be respected, listened to, receive courtesy and be honest in your feelings and be there in the moment.

Personally I would much rather hear a compliment about my intelligence or humor than beauty. Physical beauty means squat. Inner beauty is everything.

I hate fake people. If you can't be real, then please stay away from me. And if your real is a obnoxious narcisstic ass, then stay away from me.

Trust me, the majority of women (and men) can tell if you're trying to "conquer" them.

Don't lie to her. Ever. That's the classiest thing you can do.
If you like the way she thinks, tell her.

OMG. That is so wrong on so many levels. The very best thing you can do for women islock yourself inside and stay away from any and all interactions with anyone, especially women.

ffs! you've got no chance of being classy or a gentleman as long as you still view women as something to be conquered.
I think the sweetest thing you could say to any woman is 'I'm sorry Ive been such a knob!' 🙂

@Stacey48 consider yourself 'conquered' 🙂

After reading these comments I think I have it down. Compliment their brain, compliment their brain, ok.... "Wow, you have an enormous head. You must have a big brain in there.".

You might need to work on that.... 😉

@RavenCT Darn. Giving these disingenuous compliments is hard.

I think your parents must have seen something , they got your name right .

@Cast1es my birth name is John, like the Baptist... so they missed it by a mile

Lol! still better than hey baby what's your sign?

lol...

Your question made me think about the things men have said to me over the years......and the first one that popped into my head was how my youngest son always says "Hi beautiful" when he texts or calls me. We both know it is a "silly" little thing - but it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Given you say you are a political scientist and a philosopher I would have thought not coming off like a failed Machiavelli would have been a no brainer. While witty banter is always appreciated, given the example above, thinking before you speak or type would be a good start

Kimba Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

Assuming that we already know each other or are dating, my suggestion is "That's a good idea / I hadn't thought of that / Looked at it that way, etc."

That said, in terms of pick-up lines for the sole sake of conquering or anything of the sort, nothing. It will all seem fake.

Wow. I never looked at it that way. 😉

@Rudy1962 Ha! 🙂

I'm with KK Gator--don't lie. Talk about her character. Does she have a kind heart? Is she compassionate? Does she do goot things for others? If so...when you SEE these things happening, tell her! "You know, that's something I REALLY LIKE about you! You're always kind to others." Etc. Of course...there's always this one...."You should see how the light shines on your hair tonight." Then SMILE!

Say something sincere that is real, not based on sex appeal or appearance..notice things about her, compliment her outfit, or something she did herself, etc. For example; I loved that piece you wrote for the country news section. It had some great ideas."

Or compliment her appearance without sexualizing it, such as, "That color brings out the blue in your eyes."

Conquering? It is your thinking that needs to be adjusted--not your grammar

Why don't you get to know the woman first. That way you don't have to invent a compliment, you could actually just give her one.

Most unfortunate double entendre of my morning.

You are attempting to manipulate perhaps?

"You're the loveliest thing God ever shovelled guts into" - preferably delivered with a drunken slur. Works every time.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

No use that --- Conquerer.

I have spoken to 2 men in the past two months that I got warm and fuzzy over after talking on the phone once, then poof! They disappeared on me. But the crazy, creepy, overly religious guys won't get a clue and take a hike. I swear. If a nice, sweet, real guy finds me... it won't matter what he says to me, I will find a way to drive him away.

I'm in Kansas, so I am already far away from you. :/ All of this niceness and sweetness just sitting here going to waste in Kansas because I'm not religious.

@Copenhagun ha!
Being in Kansas is a bit of a problem. The PNW is awesome! You should move. ?

@AprilT I'd love to move. 🙂 I can't, but I would love to! 🙂

Because your pining for a "nice" guy are cultural and based on literary romantic mumbo jumbo. Deep inside you want a strong man

An amazing array of Politically correct comments. Civilization as we know it, is only 4,000 years old. A blink whan compared to evolution. When it comes to romance our wirings are still early homo sapiens, but our cultural approach has developed to a level of absurdity. It is not reduced to an absurd, but rather grown into an absurd. Attraction is instictual and premordial and our stupid ettiquette is diametically opposed to it.

If you want to "conquer" a woman (and your instincts are revealed in your question), just be yourself.Being funny and intelligent helps.

Yes conquering a woman is pretty backward thinking. A guy I knew opened a hair salon and named it Head Hunters. The logo had a caveman dragging a woman behind him by her hair. That set off an uproar.

It did! He had to change the logo.@jorj

You don't sweat much for a fat chick.

Fat chicks would be lucky NOT to have you .

I understand that you probably think you're funny, but guess what? NOT. You probably also think you're hot, but guess again. Your personality deducts a WHOLE BUNCH from your appeal. Fork off.

Well I have to be atracted as do they ive found. once thats happened just be yourself and have a laugh.

All gentlemen are patient wolf

IAS1 Level 5 May 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.