Agnostic.com

16 3

Atheist media?

Hey anyone have good recommendations for atheist youtubers, bloggers, music, books, movies, etc?

HaleyJ 4 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love Seth Andrews in the Thinking Atheist, Matt Dillahunty, Jen Peebles and Tracie Harris on the Atheist Experience, Aron Ra, Aron Ra, Matt Dillahunty and Seth Andrews also did the Unholy Trinity Tour DownUnder and it was great! There are so many!

Thanks to everyone who’s commented! I’m so excited to check out all your recommendations!

HaleyJ Level 4 June 16, 2019

Some of my favorites for their skeptic/humanist/anti religious themes...

Books: the soul of the night by Chet Raymo (insightful philosophy, astronomy and discussion of myth), the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (hilarious fiction)
Authors/poets: Mark Twain, Charles Bukowski, Billy Collins
Comedians: Lewis Black, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Joe Rogan, Jim Jeffries

Philosophers: Sun Tzu, Myamoto Musashi, Alan Watts

Podcasts: Black Mass Appeal, Penn’s Sunday School, The Drunken Taoist, Tangentially Speaking, the ardent atheist. (Most of these aren’t 100% about atheism but hosted by knowledgeable atheists and a lot of antitheist themes get discussed)

Movies: hitchhikers guide, dogma, life of Brian, sausage party (looks stupid but surprisingly a pretty great allegory)

Music: John Lennon, Regina Spekter, Randy Newman, Warren Zevon, Keb Mo, Sturgill Simpson, Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan aside from his Christian phase, but even that’s listenable... I think pretty much everyone who’s ever been cool has been atheist, except Ray Charles Johnny Cash and a few old southern blues n country cats like that.

American Atheist Experience since 1977 Austin Texas

I always keep good 'ol George's classic "Religion is B.S." link...here you go!

Idk if a news channel was included in that, but Philip deFranco is an atheist host of a news channel and is pretty non bias

Penn Jillette is a well known and outspoken atheist/agnostic; here's one of his many meme-posts;

[pics.me.me]

That’s a great meme. I’m going to save it

Bill Maher produced a movie, #Religulous. Here's a clip of "the best of"

Thankfully You Tube has a good variety of atheist media.

The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast; the Atheist Experience podcast and YouTube channel; Cognitive Dissonance podcast; Thank God I'm Atheist podcast

As for music, good Atheist rappers include Greydon Square, Tombstone da Deadman, Syqnys, Dead Prez, Canibus, Angel Haze, and Childish Gambino.

There are numerous books. So, I'll only suggest one: 50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God by Guy Harrison

Buxx Level 7 June 14, 2019

@Antidronefreeman

ricky gervais is always a joy. oddly, i don't like his tv series at all, but i like him, himself, and his standup work.

g

Gervais is the greatest entertaining Atheist since Dr O'Hair 1963-1995 tenure

THE INVENTION OF LYING film in England is the funniest unique ever comedy RICKY stars and wrote this amazing screenplay proving how a 100% honest world can be conquered by a single falsehood and get him the sexual intercourse he always wanted but denied honestly by his woman

I like Secular Talk on YouTube, though Kyle K mainly talks about politics. Not a criticism, I share his left politics.

Bill Maher. Essential watching.

Carl Sagan's Cosmos changed my life, it slowly introduces atheist common-sense arguments along with a lot of good science.

m16566 Level 7 June 14, 2019

Cosmos is available on YouTube

The tv show House and the show Bones also 3rd Rock from the sun.

azzow2 Level 9 June 13, 2019

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

The only program I ever watched with any regularity was The Young Turks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:360651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.