Agnostic.com

33 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh Yeah..if you own a house in the mountains, you have beach front property soon..

You are so full of it.

@Trajan61 Trajan61 has spoken..😂😂😂

The Earth will continue on with out us. Not such a bad idea. Reap what we have sown.

another highly paid scientist (thanks to govt grants & subsidies) using scare tactics.
how many are aware of the UN report in 1989 which predicted that US ocean ports would be flooded within 30 yrs b/c of arctic ice melting?
i would say, none of the brainwashed, gullible global warming tribe.

Reference or I call bullshit.

@MrBeelzeebubbles ,
[apnews.com]

the maldives are still there. also, ask anyone in new orleans if they've noticed any difference in the ocean level,

@callmedubious Ahhh, you haven't read the article. Nowhere does it say that the ports would be flooded within 30 years. It says that if changes aren't made before 2000, there will be drastic consequences in the future, but doesn't give a time frame. It also quotes an average temperature increase range of 1-7°C over thirty years, and we know we're at the lower bounds of that.
But we also know that average temperatures are rising, permafrost is melting and glaciers are retreating. To quibble about the detail seems a bit silly in the circumstances.

@MrBeelzeebubbles ,
OK i'm convinced, we're all doomed.

@callmedubious what's the old Chinese curse? "May you live in interesting times."

@MrBeelzeebubbles And these are them.

Move north and inland. We are way beyond the point of no-return. The tundra is melting. Human attempts to change any of the NATURAL and human contributions will be to no avail.

JacarC Level 8 June 17, 2019

You can see maps of when the Earth was way warmer, lots & lots of huge inland seas....move elsewhere!

@AnneWimsey Yo Anne! Are you trolling all my posts just to give me shit?

It is reasonable to stop building near the ocean coasts.

@Jacar I follow you...somebody has to

I do what I can within the confines of my budget and making decisions based on the facts as I know and understand them, one can't change the opinion of someone who wishes to believe in something regardless of evidence.

Scary, and likely true. We are all f'ed.

According to Al Gore the artic was supposed to be ice free several years ago. The climate alarmist are quite looney and only want to impose they’re idiotic climate change agenda on us.

Wow “ alarmists “ I majored in sciences and the Scientists are far more knowledgeable and fully understand the process of climate changes ..... you poopoo it as some states are under water expanding deserts , decrease Ag, increased flooding, storm and wild flowers ....I won’t be exchanging with you ... you sound like a trumpette

@Millerski25 backwardsman seems to have named himself about right. Too many people listen to and believe Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones instead of real scientists. Too bad they don't read a book by a real scientist like James Hanson's "Storms of My Grandchildren".

@Millerski25 Yes I am a Trump supporter and proud of it. Only an idiot would support the looney democrats especially the crazy ones like Omar and Ocasio Cortez.

@Bushshaker It would seem that you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word “treason.” We have a president like that.

@Bushshaker So would I.

Ummm, they are Rapidly becoming so, Glacier National Park is green as is most of Greelnland & large parts of both poles, not to mention most of the glaciers in Europe, gone or retreating rapidly. Try looking at maps from now vs. 10 years ago, you fool

@Azatheist Obama was definitely a treasonous SOB!

Guessing wrong for timescale is not a significant fault. Malthus was correct, but his timescale was off by hundreds of years.

Yeah, and I think that was five years AGO.

The article is about 18 months old, so 3.5 years left.

@HippieChick58 I didn't catch the date of the article. Yikes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.