Agnostic.com

18 1

QUESTION Test your social intelligence

Someone posted about Intelligence and how they don't test for Emotional Intelligence. Well here is an online test for Emotional Intelligence that takes about 10 minutes. Was originally developed for assessing high functioning Autism Spectrum and is well validated.

Kimba 7 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your score is 31 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 89% of all participants.

I work with disabled adults, reading between the lines is part of the remit so I guess I've been paying attention (for the most part) lol

"31 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 89% of all participants."

Since I work in the service industry and am around people quite a bit, I shouldn't be terribly surprised to be above average, but I didn't expect that much above average.

33 out of 36

Jnei Level 8 Mar 14, 2018

Your score is 29 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 74% of all participants.

I can't think of any way to verify this. But I found it very interesting. I wonder which ones I got wrong. Might give me a clue concerning past misunderstandings.

26 out of 36

32/36 English isn't even my first languge and I had some trouble understanding some of the words. And I thought I'm totally an autist, but the score would imply thats not the case...

So much for being Autistic, not a trace thereof, a very good reader of other peoples responses.

Hey Kimba...I work here in the U.S. with a gal from Australia named Beth...do you know her? heh heh How's that for social intelligence?

33 😮 /wasn't expecting that...at all.

That is impressive.

@Kimba It makes me think not accurate is what...tbh

@Qualia Can you read other people and do it by habit? Women usually score better than men. Doesn't mean you have to like other people just that you can judge their emotional responses fairly accurately, you can still be a total psychopath.

@Kimba I just go by gut and how people make me feel. Although this reminds me of either an article or someone saying, maybe on here, that we subconsciously "mirror" people's expressions that is why we come away with impressions of others. Idk.

No I've always thought myself a really terrible judge of character since my default "projection" must be pretty benign. I've been burned pretty badly trusting the wrong people in the past. I'd love to know which ones I got wrong, but think I just got lucky.

@Kimba maybe there needs to be an auditory equivalent of the test. hmm

@Qualia an auditory equivalent would be interesting.
No way that was just getting lucky. About 8 years back me and a friend put something like 60 people through a very similar paper version of this and a battery of other tests for a Psych report for uni, research project on Machiavellianism, had a few people reckon it was impossible and still score well (including a horrendously damaged individual who pushed other peoples' buttons to feel powerful), the worst score was from a lovely man I knew who had had a stroke and he did barely better than chance.
The ability is thought to come from our mirror cells, basically we feel an attenuated version of what we see. Problems arise because you see someone in distress, empathasize and want to help them and instead get fed to their demons. Learnt that one the hard way.

I got a rock. 20.

I got 29. Should have had 30 but I second guessed myself on the first one

Interesting. Scored slightly below normal-different for Americans?

26 [ 64% ]

"This experiment will not work on a phone."

Sounds like thrift store programming.

Wow I got 29/36, very supprised.

I wonder what trump and pence would score on this ????

30/36, which is way higher than I imagined I'd do.

It won't let me take it on the phone

And I will be the first to report - 29 out of 36.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.