Agnostic.com

9 0

LINK Bishop plans to spray murder-plagued city with holy water from helicopter to 'get rid of the devil' | The Independent

"A Catholic bishop is planning to use a helicopter to spray holy water over an entire city that he claims is being plagued by demons.

Monsignor Rubén Darío Jaramillo Montoya – bishop for the Colombian seaport city of Buenaventura – is borrowing the chopper from the navy in a bid to cleanse the streets of “wickedness” on 14 July."

WilliamCharles 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was a child I was told that angels are peeing down on us when it rains … Now I know … it was a catholic chopper.

Well.... at least all the plants will be watered that day.

I would suggest going to Rome and start his Exorcism where it should be done. A fleet of helicopters would be appropriate for the task at hand.

Might want to fill a live nuclear warhead with about fifty gallons of holy water and drop it on the Vatican. Should do the trick.

Let's see if it works!

BD66 Level 8 June 27, 2019

Yet it did nothing the keep pedo-priests at bay by all those using the holy water fonts in church (which when tested have an exceedingly high bacterial count - often fecal for whatever damn reason).

Well, if they’re having a drought that will do a bit of good.

Reminds me of the line from American Dad when Stan claims to spend Saturday evenings doing drive by baptisms at the synagogue with a super soaker.

This story has met with derision and mocking here in Australia. This sacramental view of water is one of those spectacularly strange products of Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy and an Aristotelian view of form and matter. It's patent nonsense. And the way this bishop wants to use it is just crazy.

He could just jump out of the helicopter.

He'll be fine, for is it not written

**Psalm 91

11 For He will command His angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways.

12They will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.**

Go on Padre or is your faith not strong enough?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.