Agnostic.com

11 3

If evolution were true..

If evolution were true.. and Charles Darwin was one of the first people to put wheels on an office chair, then why are there still office chairs without wheels?

FatherOfNyx 7 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Omg! You're right! I'm going to church next Sunday! I've seen the error of my ways! Sinful Monkey Man!

I think you're missing a few wheels off your chair.

What about a tracked mutation for field researchers to use?

Too much inbreeding for specific traits leading to a lack of genetic diversity. They've adapted to very specific environments, but aren't flexible enough with their genetic code to rise to the top of the chair-chain.

@FatherOfNyx Now I want one!

Huh?

bobwjr Level 10 July 1, 2019

"If evolution were true."

What are you doing on Agnostic.com? Join a Christian website instead.

Do their members get sarcasm there?

Is he a believer? I checked his profile... It says agnostic...

@Cutiebeauty Lol, I am not a believer. This whole post was made as a joke. I put it in the "silly" category.. but for some reason my posts have been moving to "general & hellos".

I just thought it was interesting to learn Darwin was one of the first people to install wheels on an office chair and then was suprised that I've never seen a believer make this argument in seriousness.

@FatherOfNyx it's in the silly group...

@Cutiebeauty I moved it back. Last few posts I made, for some reason they wander into "general & hello" and I have to edit them back into the right section.

@FatherOfNyx yes, that's been a bug for awhile...

If???..... nonsequiter. False comparison.

Pearl fish and sea cucumbers 😂

I think it's because chairs are the genus and the different types of chairs are species of the genus.

That's a good question... but totally answerable. It takes a deeper understanding of the full theory of evolution. In your simplified example, imagine there are 1000 factories making these chairs, in 100 countries. Some people in unknown lands, have gravel floors in their weird offices, amd rolling office chairs are just down-right impractical there, despite the upgrade seeming like the bee's knees to us. So...some factories, in weird places, never put the wheels on and never needed them, and their product continued to sell just fine in their market. That's evolution, with the wrinkle of "bio-diversity".

But chairs with wheels, even on gravel, would be able to find food easier and be more fit for survival.. since survival of the fittest is the one and only driving force of evolution.

Unless.. the chairs were... created.

@FatherOfNyx That's genius man. Simply genius. You've got this philosophy thing down pat.

@APaleBlueDot Thank you, thank you.. I'll be here all week.

I actually just learned this about Darwin. I guess he added wheels to his chair so he could move from specimen to specimen faster. Surprised a creationist hasn't used this argument in seriousness.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some office chairs with all season, mud and snow, off road wheels.
My niece, while doing field work in Antarctica has noted the emergence of desk chairs with what appears to be tiny,Omni directional skis.

@FatherOfNyx walking would be easier than using a chair with wheels on gravel... You're trying to force fit your idea with this...

An evolutionary throwback that is found its way in this modern world. 😆

does the answer have something to do with a banana?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:368211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.