Agnostic.com

21 24

Hooray! First hike after broken toe.

With Karen, today I hiked 3.5 miles on bicycle trails above Squilchuck State Park, gaining 500 feet of elevation.

To my surprise, my hiking boot protected my healing toe better than running shoes.

It was wonderful to get out in the mountains again!

Left to right: Wild Columbine, wild Rose, Asters, Queens Cup and Pine Drop flower pods.

LiterateHiker 9 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well done

Amisja Level 8 July 11, 2019

Love wild columbine!

Yay!! I’m so glad you could get out for that!

Nice photos. And I'm very happy that your toe is better. 🙂

I look forward to more of your adventures!

I also treasure these beautiful nature flowers!

Congratulations, that's wonderful news

It is really special to find so much joy in nature as you do. Glad you were able to enjoy it.

Yay! Glad you finally got to get out again! The flowers are beautiful.

Alright, alright, alright!

It is really special to find so much joy in nature as you do. Glad you were able to enjoy it.

@Bigwavedave

Thank you so much.

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 July 11, 2019

Good to hear.

Petter Level 9 July 11, 2019

What a lovely way to get back to your "normal"...what the heck is that last thing? Seed pods? I have never seen anything like it!

@thinktwice

PIne drop flower pods. The flower pods are prettier than the flowers.

Here's a photo I took in the winter.

@LiterateHiker I am so intrigued by this! I like everything about it...nice picture, too!

Well done

congratulations ,nice to be back doing what you love

Glad to learn you're back on the trails.
After my bicycle accident in early May, I've begun this week a gradual return to work.

Lovely photos 🙂

I'm happy for you and glad that you are back to doing what you love.

Be careful princess !

Buddha Level 8 July 11, 2019

A nice hillside wander for a peg legged lady, but it seems a long first hike after the break - hope you have been walking around town and building up to this and don't suffer by doing too much too soon... time is on your side .....lovely pics, see why you like it there

@ShadowAmicus

Since getting out of the medical boot two weeks ago, I have been walking fast on level ground for 2-3 miles, twice a week. Iced and elevated my foot afterward.

@LiterateHiker so damn pleased you are sensible about looking after yourself - have seen big tough men (aka stupid) overdo it after injuries and end up with long term issues

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:372693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.