Agnostic.com

8 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Taking a knee is respect not derision

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2019

It is a brave gesture as they realize that they may be sacrificing their metal for their actions. They do not take the action lightly and anybody who assumes that they do are misguided and wrong. The prevalence of athletes at the most elite level willing to stand up is indicative of how severe the problem has risen in this country.

Does anyone remember when some black athletes gave the black power salute. I thought the nasty commentary would never end. This country is not equal for everyone who lives here. And honestly some of the worst offenders of "land of the free" are the ones with their hand over their heart and a look of love on their face. Oh and they are usually praying the loudest in church.

yes

To me, kneeling has always been symbolic of submission. If they wish to protest something, maybe they should just stand, with their backs to the flag, or whatever? whomever. Kneeling looks stupid, and submissive.

Awesome courage

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2019

I wonder what the committee will do? Since when does kneeling show disrespect?

Since about a year ago😁

They need to kick him off the team.

@altschmerz They should stand during the national anthem as a sign of respect for those vets who gave their lives to make this country possible. And if they don’t stand they should suffer consequences.

@Trajan61 I'm a vet and I would support to the death their right to kneel.

@HippieChick58 You are also very left wing and liberal with some downright looney ideas.

@HippieChick58 thank you for that comment

@altschmerz Yes I read it.

@Trajan61 Thank you!! Probably the best thing you could have ever said to me!

@Trajan61, @HippieChick58 I'm a vet and I'm very liberal.If you kneel when the anthem is played it is not disrespectful. Try a Google search to find out why Kap and others kneeled. You might learn something.

@DenoPenno I agree with you, and thank you for your service. I am also a vet and proud to have done it.

Yes, and he had a perfect right to do so. It takes idiots like Donald Trump to believe that kneeling is in any way connected to patriotism and would show disrespect. It is a shame that so many fell into that idea and they have no idea why sports figures kneeled in the first place.

I know hilarious isn't it? Athletes kneeled to Emperor's in Roman times. I guess that means they were being disrespectful. What a bunch of fools. Thank goodness in a year and a half they will all be back under the rocks they crawled out from under.

@mooredolezal it's the damage they all can do in the next year and a half that worries me. We've already lost 50 years of progress in the past 2.5 years

@AmelieMatisse We suffered a lot during 8 years of that racist idiot Obama’s presidency so what are you talking about?

@Trajan61 Actually what are you talking about?

@Trajan61 Obama? Racist? What are you on, and where can I get some?

@Petter What in the hell would you call with his close association with Al Sharpton and making the remark “if I had a son I’d want him to be just like Trayvon Martin”. Not to mention he was directly responsible for the black lives matter group which was directly responsible for the death of numerous law enforcement.

@Petter, @AmelieMatisse Only an idiot would give money to a terriorist nation like Iran.

@AmelieMatisse He’s going to be here for another 5 1/2 years so you might as well get used to him.

@Petter Just ignore Trajan. He's a wee small intellect and an unsophisticated baffoon.

@t1nick Your the one whose an unsophisticated buffoon!! And to top that off you don’t have a lick of sense!

@Trajan61

Once again Trajan you fall back on your old tried and true response, "Same to you but more of it". As unsophisticated as the juveniles who use it all the time. Tsk, tsk, tsk. No imagination.

@Trajan61 Amd here's me thinking that law enforcement was directly responsible for the death of Trayvon Martin. Haven't you got your wires crossed? I'd check between the ears if I were you.

@Petter Trayvon Martin was a thug with a troubled past. You seem to have your wires crossed for sure.

@[en.m.wikipedia.org]

@AmelieMatisse I know what you mean. I just try to be optimistic so I don't cry.

I missed the racist comment. He must have deleted it. It is uncanny how every one of them is such a coward.

@mooredolezal I absolutely do not understand the hate in this country and those who support our faux president. It will take years and years yo get rid of his damage

@AmelieMatisse of course you don't understand. I would be worried about you if you did! Who can understand people who deny the truth and live in a world of alternate facts. I think it is much more than stupidity, I think it is actually a form of mental illness. And yes, it will take years to reverse the damage he has caused, of course some environmental damage and the loss of life are irreversible.

@mooredolezalThe America I see today has a hatred in politics and religion that appears to have damaged us all. It is very much like mental illness. We must take into play that politicians are telling us that others are taking from us when this is not true at all. They need us to have fear in order to control us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:387686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.