Agnostic.com

14 1

Condoms....

I know protection is important, especially in this day and age. Growing up in the 70's & 80's we never worried about that. Through the many threesomes, orgies, and one on ones it was never a concern. I think it kills the mood personally. What does everyone else think?

Fryan 5 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No does kill procreation and major STDs like AIDS think of trouble avoided if his father used them lol

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 21, 2019

Being a teenager in the 80s when AIDS was in the forefront of EVERYTHING!!!, yeah no question about the importance of condoms or protection in general. If condoms kill the mood, then may be that is a good thing because in that case nothing further should happen. Of course, it's an entirely different situation when it comes to married or long-time partners.

Catching a permanent, potentially life-altering disease not only kills the mood , but maybe the person !

Time to get real - this is no longer the past.

And you and a partner can be tested for things - if you're with them long enough .

Depends upon your ultimate goal. If your goal is to procreate, then it's definitely counterproductive.

If your goal is sex, and sex alone, your position seems a selfish, self-centered position. A condom is much less an inconvenience than deciding whether or not to terminate or follow through with an unwanted pregnancy.

Men share just as much responsibility for protection and birth control as do women. If you can't accept your responsibility, keep it in your pants. And yes we did worry about it in the 1970' and 1980's.

as do women??

Interestingly you would have grown up during the HIV and AIDS epidemic yet people were screwing around recklessly?? Think it was more a matter of irresponsible young sex than not having to worry about the potential for contracting STDs/STIs.

My brother contracted herpes in the 80's, the doctor suggested he go to a group session to get ideas on how to deal with it. We pulled up to the meeting place and the parking lot was filled with cars we saw every day at the bar he owned. I used condoms from then on.

Herpes , hep c , hiv .
And Bcz nobody says " let's test " b4 they go to bed , use condoms . 2 dates later , x to see the lab if u think u are going to keep seen that person . Simple .
After that , use your judgment .

Yup simple

Damn I"m 49 and should be mature enough to accept their necessary protection. I just don't like them. To me sex is a very personal intimate thing and yes It causes distance that I just hate. I am now that I am older very choosy about who I am with....Like that really is any protection.... Life is life now that I am divorced after 20 years I just might roll the dice...Kinda feel like a slime ball for admitting this!

@NoPlanetB Always have. I'm Not reckless just realistic about intimacy. Without that there is nothing. Just divorced after 20 years, I honestly was never interested in anyone but my wife. Now its odd to even look at another in any other way than appreciating beauty. I certainly don't want to be as reckless as I was as a kid that's for sure!

Mature guys, sometimes, cannot maintain erections in condoms. Not enough stimulus. There are a number of ways I use to improve the situation.
-kegel exercises to strengthen my vaginal muscles, giving stronger stimulation

• if my playmates get limp during vaginal sex, I take off the condom, give a strong BJ and put on a new condom. Repeat this as many times as necessary
  • put a few drops of moisturizer INSIDE of the condom, works great!
  • use ultrathin condoms.

@zesty lots of play time is great anyway!

I was just happy when the quit calling them prophylactics. Condom is so much easier to spell and pronounce.

AIDS and HIV decimated my community in the 80s. And though we now have medications, it's still hitting the gay community pretty hard. So I keep it covered.

I lived through the 70's, where sex was expected almost immediately, and you could not catch anything incurable. I feel fortunate!

Like taking a bath with a plastic raincoat on?

Ummm, have you had any partner sex since 1975?! Condoms are soooo cool nowadays!

I don't know of anyone that caught some unpleasant disease from taking a bath ...

@evergreen This was simply a remark made to me by my 24 year old brother to my 15 year old self. I assumed that he had experienced more practical events than I had at that time.

You left out the lawyers for the finalization of the paperwork involving consensual sex agreements. 🤔

Ohferpetesake.....

@AnneWimsey hey sorry, that's what it's come to. 🙄

@oldFloyd I am 6th-term president of a Single Club for Seniors, and i can assure you that you are Very wrong!

@NoPlanetB just going by what I see on TV and reading the news, asshat

@NoPlanetB, @AnneWimsey yes I do understand that, it was just meant as a sign of the times. As in jokingly.

@NoPlanetB agreed

Ohh damn! That is too much for me..Gently grasp her hand at just the right moment and takes her to the office to fill out PAPERWORK!

That being said I am more about actually having a connection with the person. I guess I could do it but just does not seem natural.

@oldFloyd No that is NOT what it has come to... you struggle with consent so you think it is this tricky tightrope to walk... yet literally communicating with your sexual partners and getting the green light from em is all that is needed...

Having to pause before and after instead of just going right into it is wierd sometimes. I guess its alot less of a mood kill than herpes or HIV. It's a small price for sexual liberties and exploration that we are able to enjoy these days.

I sometimes enjoy the mess free aspect of it. Probaby TMI but I remember missing that when my ex husband and I stopped using them. It bothered me feeling gooy and leaky when I was trying to fall asleep after..

MsAl Level 8 Aug 16, 2019

For me the thrill is being with a woman that likes me enough to be gooy and leaky. Its not the goo but that she actually wants me that much to put up with it. Frankly If her goo is all over me I love It because she is someone I care about and She is all over me. Did I just sound creepy?

@DavidLaDeau That's cool, especially in the moment, but im talking about afterwards when the male partner has long since dried off and gone to sleep. Just a preference. It's not even a big deal, but it is a benefit.

@MsAl Very true loving someone makes all the difference! If the goo is a problem than one should probably not be with that person...But it is still goo!

Honestly I have never talked to anyone about this stuff! Thank you for helping me to feel more comfortable with myself! Religion always made me feel gross.

@DavidLaDeau Oh we are long divorced but that Certainly wasn't the reason. Most men do cum... I guess I don't see why liking the mess free aspect of condom sex would be a reason not to be with someone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.