Agnostic.com

17 11

Birthday e-card and gift from a man I met 15 years ago. Why?

Today I am celebrating my birthday by hiking to Janus Lake with two women. Blueberries!

Tom also sent me a $25 gift card. I got to choose the store. I feel grateful and gobsmacked.

Years ago, Tom and I met, had lunch and went for a walk. I remember standing on a bridge in a dress, talking and laughing with him. We never got together again.

We didn't make a good match. He's a Republican and not a hiker. Tom sends me a funny e-birthday card every year. He sent me a $25 gift card for my birthday at least 10 times.

If I sent a $25 gift card to every man I met through online dating, I'd be in debtor's prison.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy birthday. I went hiking some months ago in Norway. It was one of the best trips of my entire life. I also learned a lot about the nordic culture and Vikings. I also bought some norse gifts for my father, a Viking fan. I dreamed about this trip not only because I love nordic culture but also because Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It was an expensive trip, but it was worth it. I hope I will have the possibility to visit this beautiful country again.

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great hike.

CS60 Level 7 Sep 3, 2019

@CS60

We had a wonderful hike! 7.8 miles with 2,000 feet of elevation gain.

Fed thru-hikers coming from Mexico to Canada. They were hungry for fresh fruit and vegetables.

Today's Hike to Janus Lake and PCT Thru-Hikers

Happy Birthday! If I were near you... I'd make you spend that money on nitrous! 😉

Obviously it's because you are irresistible to men.

BD66 Level 8 Sep 3, 2019

One can show respect and support even when one does not share the same political views. He obviously respects you as a friend.

Happy birthday! I hope the hike went well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

In my opinion he is still hoping you will see the light and start a relationship.

Happy Birthday !!!

Sounds like a gentleman . Happy birthday.

Everybody else wished you a happy birthday so that would be pointless, I hope the blueberries are good.🤗
Happy birthday 🎉

@oldFloyd

Last weekend, hikers stripped the blueberry bushes. I found a few.

We were shocked because the blueberry bushes look badly dessicated. Drought. Not enough rain.

You obviously completely underestimate your wonderful charms.

@Fernapple

Thank you, darling!

Most of the time I think I'm ridiculous with such high energy and enthusiasm.

I'm like Tigger.

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers
Is I'm the only one!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I can't relate to this story at all.

Happy birthday Kathleen!!! 🎂🎂🌈🌈💙💙🎊🎊 My birthday is March 7. I take Venmo and PayPal 😂

Happy Birthday... my birthday is sooner on Sept 27... I am limited to paypal though 😛

You must have made him happy 15 years ago. We always remember the good times

Happy Birthday.

Your lucky. Obviously you made a good impression on him and he knows also nothing substantial will ever come out of but some guys just enjoy doing that to a friend no strings attached because he knows it will Brighton your day up. Especially for what ever reason you have been in a downer. It is sort of like paying it forward. Happens quite often here some one will but a coffee and leave the money for another one and the waitress can give it to whom ever or they may specify the next person or third person. You never know who did it but makes one feel good. You make people feel good and brings a warm smile to them when your name enters their mind It is more of a thank you for just being you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397417
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.