Agnostic.com

21 1

What type of area and housing do you prefer to live in? For example- urban, suburban, country, small town, remote wilderness, farm, apartment, cabin, huge house, etc.

My choice: I started out loving living on a remote country Kentucky farm in a large house, but now I'm enjoying living in an apartment on the outskirts of Songkhla, Thailand. I'm near the beach, in a small quiet town, but 20 minutes from the biggest city in the south of Thailand

birdingnut 8 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My ideal location would be a quiet neighborhood in or near a big city. Nice enough where there's nature and calm and places to walk and sit, but close enough where it's accessible to culture and activities.

Far out in the country. Can see the wildlife on my security cameras. Had a skunk on my front porch (it did not spray) Fox have been in my yard. Deer in my driveway might have to take the bow out in hunting season. The lady down the road said cougar have been up to my trees, have not caught that one on camera yet, The only cougar I want to meet are the 2 legged ones.

I really want to live, just outside the city, in a rainy state, in a small 2 bedroom house (slightly bigger than a tiny house) with my dogs, cats, and chickens

I'm at the end of a road, which is off of another dead end road, and up high. There are 6 houses on this road, and I can see them all from the street, but they're not close together. In the summer, my deck and back yard are completely private. I love my neighbors.

Still, only 5 minutes from civilization, and about 20 minutes from the city. Best of both worlds. Been here 12 years, and I have no plans to relocate at this time.

Urban or country, it's all or nothing for me! I had an apartment in a city centre and I loved being that close to the "pulse" but, I grew up in a fairly affluent village in the countryside and it was lovely to be able to walk off the end of my street and into green fields.

I live on three wooded acres, four miles ftom a college town and1 mile from rolling farmland.

I would love to live on a coastal island, with warm climate and gentle sea breezes.

Zster Level 8 Mar 20, 2018

Small house in the woods with ponds and a river.

I like small towns because I don't like the busy pace of most larger cities. There are disadvantages, of course, but I haven't found a perfect situation yet.

suburban " you house proud town mouse ha ha charade you are "

I love a small town right now and an almost rural location within that community. It is peaceful for me now. A bit isolating perhaps but for now... I loved being in the city when I was young, the burbs when I was raising my kids... I might shift gears again 🙂

Moved back to my hometown and then saw a bunch of the world as a contracter for FEMA and the State Department. Spent ten months in New York after 9-11. Living in the largest city in Brevard County Florida which is Palm Bay in a snout house. This in a small development with no front doors you just see a garage door. Would prefer a straight block and a front porch.

BillF Level 7 Mar 20, 2018

do you mean choice or where i actually am living? i am happy where i am and don't crave for bigger housing and posh stuff. mid terest council estate right near where i was brought up from 3 years old. bus stop outside my house and shops very close. ive been in my town 54 years of 57 and its not very big so i know many people and where to go for things. the beauty of the UK is your never more than about 72 miles from the coast where ever you live. im about 50 miles from it in south east england in a very famous town in the middle of a large forest. ideally id like abungalow no bigger than the house i have now near my town but with lots of land and a small lake. i would mostly leave it wild for nature and plant some shrubs and trees i like and have a few more dogs and be able too sculp to my hearts content and it would be brilliand actually near or partly in the forest.

I guess I'm living exactly where I want to be, for now anyway. At the edge of a small town, a one bedroom apartment with a private lanai, nice view of the beach, but also a short walk from shops, restaurants, bars, live music outdoors, beach parties, hiking, bike rides, etc.

Not a lot of nightlife, more "early evening-life" but just right for me. We also have movies, small town plays and once in a while a big name musician will put on a concert. We have everything from 5 star restaurants to roadside food trucks that offer scrumptious meals. My neighborhood is largely a resort community where most of the inhabitants are visitors and many of them return yearly, so I usually get to know a few of my neighbors that change with the seasons.

Big city life is just a plane ride away - and nice for a change - but I like my little beachside community.

After moving to CA I complained for the first 20 years that it wasn't as "real" as my home state of MO. Then I started exploring LA and San Diego. Now I am back in MO for a few years and I cannot wait to get back to the West coast, or civilization as I call it now. The people here are inbred and stupid.

I would pefer wilderness within 30 miles of a moderately sized (50,000 -- 200,000) city.I could live on my own terms most of the time, but go to the city when I feel the need for intellectual and cultural enrichment opportunities.

I love the country and cabins

I prefer a rural setting — country or woods — in a cozy (not cramped) house without close neighbors. For the most part that's where I live, though if I had my way I'd be further from the road and have far less snow in the winter and less humidity in the summer. (I live near Lake Ontario, so we get significant lake-effect snow all throughout the winter and, I surmise for similar reasons, heavy humidity part of the summer.) I can't have it all, I guess.

Rustic cabin in the middle of nowhere, preferable on a hill/mountain on the beach

Green Acres is the place for me. Farm living is the life for me!

I am already living in an ideal habitat, at least for me - out in the country, nice back yard water feature (Cedar River), 4 acres of privacy, but with neighbors near at hand. 10 minute drive into a medium sized town (Renton, Washington), 30 minute drive to downtown Seattle.

The only problem I have with it, since a catastrophic injury 14 years ago left me with severe arthritis, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia, is that Winter weather (wet and coldish here) exacerbates those conditions to an acute level. Ideally, I will eventually spend November through March somewhere warm. I like Palm Springs (a lot) for a week's vacation, but for a five month stretch I would need more elbow room.

Maybe Yuma, AZ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.