Agnostic.com

16 3

What do you eat for a healthy dessert?

"After dinner, I salivate for dessert like Pavlov's dog," my sister said. Me, too. Our mother served vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup after dinner every night.

Here's my go-to dessert when I have a chocolate craving. In a small custard cup, I mix nonfat, vanilla Greek yogurt, chocolate chips and roasted almonds. Enough protein to be filling.

Or I enjoy one Cocomels coconut milk caramel. Slowly suck on it to make it last. 20 calories.

Every morning, I have fresh fruit with breakfast. So, fruit does not seem like dessert.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sand

Whoops mis-read the question

Desserts are supposed to be a bit decadent, sweet and fattening. I prefer the ice cream, thank you.

I generally skip desert unless going out for dinner. In that case it's cheesecake! YUM!

At home.. Oranges or cherry or peach yogurt. Or wintergreen lifesavers for the sugar hit!

I don't eat desert. Before going low-carb 2+ decades ago. I liked ice cream. On Thanksgiving and Xmas, pecan pie.

I enjoy plain or vanilla greek yogurt with fresh blueberries or black raspberrys mixed in with it

Lately, watermelon ❤

Varn Level 8 Sep 21, 2019

I don't eat healthy desserts 🙂.

I like Greek yogurt, Lingonberries, and toasted pecans
But i also like beer and Ice cream floats, with a nice coconut porter

You mean a beer float..? Something I’ve always wondered about 😉

chocolate covered Donuts.

An apple, an orange, or mixed fruits. But since I don't focus on healthy eating, my favourite desserts are chocolate mug cake (takes two minutes in the microwave for added unhealthy aspect) and soft tofu drizzled with coconut milk, cinnamon, cacao, and icing sugar.

fresh fruit or a fruit salad-- no added sugar.

Breakfast every morning is just a banana but I like fruit for dessert too. I eat a lot of fruit, have it for lunch too. Pear halves, dab of cream cheese, topped with a cherry. You can drizzle a bit more of the syrup from the cherry jar or a light dusting of powdered sugar for added sweetness if desired. Another good option is cottage cheese with added fruit.

I'm not all that fancy, and I'm not really sure whether it's healthy or not but I found "simply" popsicle made with real sugar. 🤗 Or a Mexican Coca-Cola in a glass bottle also made with real sugar. Yum 😋

Any kind of fruit and yogurt... I also love my homemade salsa and corn tortilla chips... It's not sweet but it's a dessert for me... Every once in awhile, I'll have one of those little square carrot cakes but I scrape off most of the frosting...

Tonight I had a plumcot. It was exquisite. Of course with my chicken and vegetables soba stir-fry I also had a buttered funnel cake on the side....

g

I eat whipped cream. Straight up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.