Agnostic.com

22 2

What is your favorite "meaning of life quote"?

What is your favorite meaning of life quote? Below are a couple of mine. Please add yours.

Grecio 7 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"42"

The "universe and everything" ? ? ?
How dare you "contradict" my nothing-ness post !

@FearlessFly 😯

What is 42?? thanks

@Grecio [hitchhikers.fandom.com]

β€œThere is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

I get the most reward from doing work that helps other people. This includes volunteering as a college mentor at Wenatchee High School.

"Nothing is as hard as it seems; but, everything is harder than it looks."

Monty Python

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life

C'mon Brian, cheer up!

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died".

Ah ha, that explains why my G.P. only has artificial plants in the Waiting room and the local Catholic Church has recently announced that they will only allow artificial flowers to used in church services, weddings, etc.
Though doctors can fight diseases, etc, they can't manage to keep real plants alive and the Catholic Church can't even manage to 'resurrect' flowers let alone humans....LOL.

Albert Einstein said "Life is like riding a bike, if you stop pedaling, you will fall off".

Another Joseph Campbell quote (h/t @Rob48): β€œLife has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.”

Monty Python's " Always look on the Bright side."

"The meaning of life is life." - Alan Alda

"life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound & fury, signifying nothing.", Shakespeare.

Good one..

Do what you are. Deciding what you are, finding yourself is the problem, and the joy,

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

Good one

"Life is like a box of chocolates" - Forrest Gump

For mankind is ever the same and nothing is lost out of nature though everything is altered. (Dryden

Senex Level 5 Oct 9, 2019

β€œNone of the above ...”

"Sugar coating leads to truth decay" πŸ™‚
[wakeuplaughing.com]

(with apologies to Lawrence M. Krauss, "A Universe from Nothing" ) πŸ™‚

nothing more -- or should I say, more nothing πŸ™‚

"nothing . . . according to Gahan Wilson
"

Edwin Schrodinger:

Consciousness cannot be accounted for in physical terms. For consciousness is absolutely fundamental. It cannot be accounted for in terms of anything else.

I went looking below for the Monty Python movie quotes. Hmm. "Can we have your liver then?"

Albert Einstein "The hardest thing to understand is the income tax".

It depends on your meaning of "life." Is Life about one species or all life in general? The meaning of life in general is to evolve. Humans evolve (or in a possible case) or die out because they fail to evolve or morph into another form. To me human and individual life should be about learning and using a sense of reason to keep our species from becoming extinct. Unfortunately, we are losing big time.

Happiness only comes from within. (anonymous)

I'm not searching for the meaning of life, but I'm looking for a meaning within my life. David Lowery
Read more at [brainyquote.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:412134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.