Agnostic.com

14 3

Anybody do cruises?

I've been on a few and may go on one soon... anybody happen to be going on the liberty of the seas out of galveston in april?

SeeCanU 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, but I sure want to sometime in the future.

I got married on a cruise. The cruise was great. The marriage was a nightmare.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 22, 2018

i actually lol'd on that one. i was thinking about an onboard marriage last cruise - thankfullydidn't because i'm not with her anymore

Three out of four of my family members who have gone on commercial cruises ended up on norovirus boats from hell. Not something I care to risk.

Alternatively, I would love to go on a private sailing cruise with someone who needs crew or as part of a brokerage package.

Zster Level 8 Mar 22, 2018

yikes!!! those are pretty good odds

Went on one cruise with my ex. He left me alone to go gamble and drink himself into oblivion. Also on Norwiegan too crowded-couldn't get near the pool. Bad weather-watched Pirates of Pensence with stage rocking back and forth like on the ship on stage and at dinner. Couldn't make it to Cancun so stopped inCozumel-only plus. Would consider if a group was going. Any interest leaving out of Miami or Boston?

did he win? first cruise i went on was out of port canaveral

win what? Over 20 years ago.

Did a European river cruise with Grand Circle- LOVED it. Hoping to do it again.

MikaB Level 5 Mar 22, 2018

No, can’t see being trapped in a confined space with a bunch of humans. I’m 80 miles north of Galveston, though.

good thing the boat is about 1,000 feet long... bad thing it holds over 3,000 ppl

My first one is planned for October. I'm taking the 7 day Hawaiian cruise with Norwegian

Sounds glorious!

Done that one. My son crewed on that ship, Pride of America.

I've done a few. Cruised the Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas a few years ago and it was awesome. Also cruised the Mediterranean and Hawaii. Nothing planned in the foreseeable future as my situation has changed (single, single income). I have never NOT had a blast on a cruise. RC (Royal Caribbean) is an excellent cuise line, good value. Norwegian is good too, but not as good.

I haven't yet, but I want to. I want to do an Alaska cruise. I've never met anybody who did that who didn't LOVE it.

@ScienceBiker 2019. Scope it out.

I worked at sea for years , so it doesnt appeal to me much .... I,m going on a river cruise later this year ... watch the world go by from Amsterdam to the Med .

We love cruising. Took our first, Tenerife to the Bahamas, for a special birthday a couple of years back. Someone warned us it would be like a nursing home at sea. It was nothing like that. Modern ships are of a size that they are buzzing resorts in themselves and, thanks to high-tec stabilisation, you barely know you're moving. That said, a nursing home at sea could follow the sun and would have some great tax benefits for anyone on board. I'll put together a business plan, crowd fund it and we can all bum around the world, felting and singing karaoke with the cool old guys. We've now been on four cruises. I'd heartily recommed igluceuise.com for some great bargains.

My daughter is a travel agent specializing in cruises but I had never taken one until a couple of years ago because I felt anxiety at the prospect of being too far from shore.

I don't know what happened but on my last cruise, it was storming with a lot of wind and I was on the top deck enjoying the hell out of the movement.

But I love history and see ruins in every port I visit

last one i went on i went to Tulum... it's too cool but after all the people scratched their initials in the walls and such they won't let anybody go into the buildings/pyramids anymore

@SeeCanU When I went last year, there were some students working on restoration

I've never been on a cruise, but every year I'm intrigued by the Freethought Cruise. My deterrent is that the cost is Per Person Double Occupancy, so without a travel partner, the idea of paying double isn't all that appealing to me. Maybe next year! [freethoughtcruise.com]

never even thought about checking into that...thank you!

That's a real thing?? (The link wouldn't load for me.) If Sam Harris and some others are speakers, I'm on it!

I haven't been on a cruise yet, but it's something I would love to do. sigh as soon as I can get enough time off from work.

yea that was my prob but i am self employed and gave myself time off this year after no vacation in over 5yrs 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.