Agnostic.com

19 10

LINK A Pastor Used the Death of an Atheist Mom’s Baby as a Sermon Illustration | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

SMH... This pastor decided, without permission from the mom, to semonized her daughter and encouraged the church's prayer chain which caused numerous people to contact the mother (members of the church are related to the mom)...

DGJ0114 7 Oct 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Typically christians will claim anything that they get their hands on as their own

Another example how crime is legal by religionists

That's child abuse.

Aren't the self righteous just wonderful?

My heart, thoughts and sincerest sympathies and condolences got out to the mother and her family BUT my anger, very RIGHTEOUS anger I might add go to that low down, manipulative, heartless mongrel-gutted pastor WHO had the UNMITIGATED GALL and AFFRONT to both use the death of a child, a BABY in fact, to preach a sermon AND to being seemingly chewing on some kind of food or whatever whilst doing so.
May destiny cause his tongue to rot, his voice to fail, his bones to weaken and crack, his body to be racked in sheer unceasing agony and his death be long, slow and painful.

These people only understand one type of enforced silence : a metal bar moving quickly against their knees.

I would wonder why the pastor was doing the funeral, because where I live, you can pick whoever you want to officiate. Since I've not heard if this before, I would wonder if there's a disclaimer. Then I'd like to check the local laws, and contact ffrf.

Semonize.....!? Uh.....

That is how they do Business unfortunately off the bad experiences of others. Death, Dying and Disease are the big money makers and the younger the better because they catch many at the awkward time of their lives where as they wouldn't have anything logical or sane to talk about. Maybe ask them to explain the 5000 known mistakes in the Bible, or how was it written by four illiterate men.

I watched the video. It looked to me like he was really trying hard to believe that "God is good" when God was responsible for such a terrible thing as that young child drowning. I think a lot of it is about working hard to maintain belief when faced with contrary evidence. He's fighting his cognitive dissonance.

Yep, god is good...for nothing!

God I wish I was in Michigan so I could go to the protest. No pun intended. No God intended either.

What a dick!

This is religion at its most heartless.

and I get condemmed for speaking my atheist views when religions can't keep their mouths shut

Nasty POS

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 13, 2019

Can she sue? That is absolutely horrific.

I’ve been in at least 3 churches where they use a similar example. Boy goes to church . Boy disrespects pastor on his way out of church. Boy dies in horrible car wreck one mile from church. Evidently that one had been played out and a new example needed

How Terrible!

He is an idiot! Is he saying that if the mom was not atheist her baby would still be alive?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:413707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.