Agnostic.com

41 2

What are the best TV series/shows you ever watched or are currently watching?

Feel free to list multiple if you can't decide. Netflix/Amazon/Hulu shows included.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seinfeld will remain the touch stone for me. Larry David is brilliant tho I can not stand to watch him shuffle around. The show always addressed edgy topics in a most obtuse manner. Also insignificant situations that effect us all. Elaine finds out Putty is a Jesus Freak. Laughing right this moment.
Most shows that entertained me are so often cancelled. This is because I am the antithisis of mainstream interests. I do prefer knowlege to entertainment but I tend towards Canada & the BBC & of course PBS.

so many responses for this, it has to be X FILES for me

Office, Friends, Dexter, 13 Reasons Why, Santa Clarita Diet, Stranger Things, SVU, The Good Doctor, Breaking Bad, Ghosted.

Here's a couple nobody seems to have mentioned: older show: 'Men In Trees'; current sitcom: 'Mom' (on CBS).

My favorite has always been "Seinfeld." It is a show about nothing...but it is always funny.

All time Favorite: Fringe
Others: How I met your Mother...Legen.....wait for it....Dary, Legendary; Sienfeld; Travellers; That 70's Show (except final season); MASH, Big Bang Theory and Bones to name a few.

"Dr. Who", "Torchwood", and "The Big Bang Theory" are definitely my top 3. Of course, I'm also stoked "Roseanne" is coming back on and that "Will and Grace" already has. I'm also an "Ancient Aliens" fanatic having watched all of them and bought/read the books by 90% of the people they interview for commentary.

I totally loved "SMASH"...but only because I'm a huge Broadway fan and can often be found singing random show tunes....

...and I've probably seen every episode of MASH at least 5 times.

The Americans
Homeland
Shameless
Weeds
Sopranos

Shameless is my favorite

Hope we get another season-watched all 7.

Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Ray Donovan, Outlander

Deadwood had some classic moments and Ian McShane was perfect as the saloon owner

I find TV often boring. Too many sitcoms which I can't stand. There was "Game of Thrones" .. "Vikings" the ladder became too violent and after 'Ragnar' the main character really, was laid to rest in a snake pit .. I had it. Much prior to all this, I loved Battleship Galactica and Star Trek, of course ... being a Gemini, air sign, these outlandish fictions fueled my imagination. Now I am mosty on NETFLIX .. Twice I watched "Kurt Seyit ve Şura" a Turkish film with many episodes, very captivating, emotional and just beautiful taking place during the Russian revolution St. Petersburg to the Crimea, a one time Ottoman empire but annexed by Catherine II, to Istanbul and the life of the Russian refugies .. a political love story .. beautiful, protrait by beautiful people and superb acting. I watched "The Crown' a well executed portrayal of Queen Elisabeth II. Well, LONGMIRE was inspiring me to see it 3 times from the beginning to the last episode. I still go back and see a few episodes her and there. The best Western "Cowboys and Indians' I have seen. The interaction of modern day Native Americans (Cheyenne in this case} and the descendants of white Europeans that setteld in their land, was tense, but often affectionate. Great acting by Robert Taylor, the Sheriff Walt Langmire.

My favorite TV series of all times, The Prisoner. Currently watching on 'Jessica Jones' on Netflix.

I just adore Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) and just watched my favorite one in the series, "Carnival Magic." Of course, all the movies they lampoon are bad, but this one is so bad it's epic. Screenshot attached for your enjoyment. (Netflix, season 1 ep. 12)

Other shows I have enjoyed: Human, The Good Place, Cosmos, Star Trek TNG, and Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch). Wish there were more Black Mirror episodes that didn't give me nightmares. (enjoyed U.S.S. Callister and San Junipero, can't watch most of the others)

I miss the original Tom Servo, his voice was the best to me.

@buzz13 I liked the original series too! am just so happy they resurrected it!

Oh! I forgot!! THE ORVILLE. (takes a bit to get used to it, but when you do it ticks all the boxes)

I agree it really hits is stride around ep 4-5 which is actually pretty fast for a new show. I recently tried to watch STNG first season again ...its pretty ropey in places and a little dated now.

-Happy Valley (English BBC murder - sooo sooo good)
-Dark Matter - sci-fi (so much better than Battlestar Galactica)
-The Fall (creepy yet good)
-Godless (western current)
-Broadchurch (English murder, excellent)
-Jessica Jones - badass!
-Luge Cage (current fav)
-The Defenders (though Iron Fist is so wimpy ugh)
-Dicte (Denmark investigative)
-North & South (BBC period piece, somewhat similar to P&P)
-Call the Widwife (BBC drama - very good)
-The IT Crowd (BBC comedy - soooo freakin good!!)
-The Five (intense murder mystery BBC)
-The Detectorists (BBC comedy light - kinda like Parks & Rec somewhat, quirky, so good)
-Chewing Gum (soooo awesome quirky comedyish BBC)
-Stranger Things (duh so good)
-Longmire (he's hot lol)

I'll update later with Hulu picks! 🙂

.. Oh, yes I also watch shows, aired by PBS "Midsomer Murders' "Doc Martin" "Downtown Abbey' and now episodes of "Victoria" ...

Yes to Dark Matter, what a shame they cancelled it.....yet Killjoys still lives what a bunch of idiots in charge at the SciFi channel

At the risk of exposing myself as the couch potato I truly am...

Also, I'd point out here that there are SO MANY great TV shows out there now. Netflix and Amazon are producing excellent stuff. These are all shows I love, in no particular order:

Star Trek TNG (Discovery looks good but I ain't paying for it, sorry)
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Westworld (this show is so much different, and better, than the film it's based on)
Breaking Bad
Dexter
American Horror Story (most seasons)
Battlestar Galactica (the original was groundbreaking, but too campy. Remake is excellent)
Black Mirror (if you haven't watched this show, it's very good. Sort of Twilight Zone-y, but with technology)
Jessica Jones (Marvel)
Iron Fist (Marvel)
Luke Cage (Marvel)
Daredevil (Marvel)
Agents of Shield (Marvel. I like this show because it ties in with the film matrix)

I could go on. LOL!

Gonna look at Westworld. You seem to like many I do

Dude do not waste you time with ST Discovery trust me. Its a scandal that you have to pay CBS to watch it in the states too, its on Netflix in the UK

Anyway you have the right idea save your money 😉

The Soparnos
The West Wing
Rome
Dr Who
Morcome and Wise
Norsemen ( A quirky little comedy on Netflix )
Sherlock

Loved Sopranos-dynamite show

I like many shows.
The Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, Person of Interest, Lost, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Anything ID Discovery or forensic, Westworld, and more.
Into older TV shows I love Have Gun, Will Travel and Wanted Dead or Alive. I've always been a western TV buff and sci fi fan of many types.

You’re goddamn right.

Breaking Bad was amazing and currently waiting for the final season of The Americans.

The Americans is completely underrated, so well written and as it turns out totally relevant today I live in the UK and there are still sleeper cells at work right now it seems.

For thrills, chills, and thought... BLACK MIRROR! For laughs, I.T. CROWD!I

Wow! That's a loaded question. They recently cancelled my favorite show, Major Crimes. At least American Horror Story is still on for another season (though it's hit and miss). I'm really enjoying Disjointed on Netflix. As far as other series, there have been so many over the years. The Avengers, Buffy, Angel, Golden Girls, Will & Grace, Moonlighting, Upstairs, Downstairs, That Mitchell and Webb Look, QI, Dynasty (I admit it), Strangers With Candy, Queer as Folk, just to name a very few. Then there have been tv "events" that have approached art. The best being Angels In America. But there were some others: Roots, The Prisoner, Elizabeth R (I miss the days of the classic miniseries, but it may be coming back). I just have to add that I also like tons of shows on Investigation Discovery and Food Network, but I guess those are more genre obsessions. Good question.

My favorite current show is Lucifer. It's mindless humor and not very well written and it's just a reworking of the TV show "Castle", but I still look forward to watching it. As far as my favorite TV show of all time, the one that had me most excited was a tie between "H.R Puffnstuff" and "Sigmund & The Seamonsters" back when I was five. I realize now Puffnstuuf was a play on words for getting stoned and writting a script, but it worked for me when I was five. I watched a YouTube video of these shows and I thought to myself now, What? Why did I use to love to watch this? Really? What was I thinking? It goes to show me just how different I am from the person I was as a child.

I rather like the older English comedies: Jeeves and Wooster, Mr Bean, Yes Minister, Blackadder, To the Manor Born.

AnnaT Level 4 Mar 23, 2018

Yes Minister was pure genius!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41709
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.