Agnostic.com

10 2

LINK Should We Believe in God? UCD Law Society Debate - YouTube

I know, another post about god. I do enjoy watching debates, maybe some of you do as well.

zblaze 7 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As George Carlin used to say “ I trust in the sun, it always comes up. And I pray to Joe Pesci, he knows how to get things done “

Next Debate: should we believe that the Sun goes around the Earth?

‘Should’ informs us there is an authority.

Who or what is that authority?

Should you believe in things you both cannot define or show evidence of?

All this presupposes that belief or non-belief is actually a choice. It isn't necessarily. It certainly isn't a choice that is open to me.

Neither should not need

God is dead? No, god was never alive.

I love debates. I like to see if a debater uses false logic or specious arguments.

The last debate on the subject of god I attended was at the Atheist Community of San Jose meeting. An atheist and a Christian minister were debating. I assumed the minister would resort to faith to support his argument but I was surprised that he used evidence (such as it was) and logic! I had to give him credit for his efforts and reasoning (even though I disagreed with his conclusion).

Very cool 😎

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 27, 2019

Imagine only a few years back, and such a debate in University College Dublin would have been unlikely ...to lose a motion on whether to believe in god or not would have been unthinkable! Just goes to show how progressive a country modern Ireland has become! Same sex marriage, divorce, reform of abortion laws, and a gay man married with a husband and who is also Asian, elected to the office of Prime Minster....that is what I call a progressive country.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.