Agnostic.com

8 16

Turning into a geezer

This morning, my daughter Claire, 29, kindly sent me photos while on her honeymoon in Mexico with her husband, Matt, 35. They were married a year ago. Immediately, I turned into a geezer.

"What the hell is that on her hip?" I thought. "Hope it washes off." Of course it's a tattoo.

I noted approvingly that Matt is carrying a water bottle. They have good traction with tennis shoes. And both are carrying packs. I trained her well. (Note I'm taking credit.) We began hiking together when she was four.

After thanking Claire, I complained she doesn't send me enough photos. "Now I have two photos of you and Matt in 2019. Keep the photos coming, please."

Claire responded with grace. "I will send you photos of us from the past year when I get home, love you!"

"You've turned into an obnoxious geezer, Kathleen," I thought. "Put a cork in it."

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is she feeding the fish? IS that something that is done in mexico?

@ demifeministgal

You're right, it looks like Claire is feeding the fish.

My parents started complaining about not hearing from me enough since my first summer at a sleepaway camp. It was true then, and remains true to this day, that my communications were/are far fewer than they’d have liked. My 97-year-old dad still complains about it.

i am trying not to become geezerette.

g

the plight of every parent

Geezerville is not something to be sneezed at....embrace your inner Geezer

blzjz Level 7 Nov 11, 2019

Just a mom!! I hound my daughter for pics of my grandkids every week!

@GreatNani

Thank you, dear. I appreciate your kindness and support.

Glad to know I sound like a normal mom.

You don't sound like an obnoxious geezer.........just a mom....

Yes Kathleen...do! 😁. Lovely happy pics..be grateful!

@Marionville

Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:425169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.