Agnostic.com

22 4

Can you ask the hard questions?

Is granite the hardest rock?
Is U238 the densest element?
Do Ibex have the strongest horns?
Is titanium the most resilient of metals?

azzow2 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Please, no Mohs

No, no, possibly, and as far as practical materials go, yes, but what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

JimG Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

African or European? (Lol)

@MrLizard umm I don't know that..... ahhhh!

@Keyboard-Mama Couldn't have done it without @JimG's set up! lol!

Depends if he’s full of shit or not. James

Do you spit or swallow?
Huh, that wasn't so hard.

Adamantium or Vibranium

Also Unobtainium

Adamantium first discovered by English 80,s pop heartthrob Adam Ant and mentioned in one of his hit songs also sung by wolverine which people don't know until now.
" stab in the liver wo wo your honey or wife la la la la ..............................

DC or Marvel?

@Donna_I what about wonderflonium?

@Adam7 all marvel all the way

@LadyAlyxandrea I don't recall that one! Lol! I am gonna guess its wonder womans plane.?

@Donna_I noooooo lmao go watch doctor horrible sing along blog

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, and how many times must the cannonballs fly
Before they're forever banned?

The answer, by all accounts, is blowin' in the wind 🙂

"The answer is 42. The problem is that we do not know what the question is."

Nomad Level 6 Mar 25, 2018

@MrLizard Almost, but they weren't sure, which is why the makers or deep thought got deep thought to create the biological supercomputer called the The Earth (what a dull name) to work out exactly what the question was. Unfortunately the experiment was corrupted by the completely useless third of an alien species composed of hair dressers, marketing executives and telephone sanitisers crash landing here and somehow out competing the native cave man species. A moot point however considering the vogon constructor fleet demolished the earth just before it was about to print out the question, in order to make way for a hyperspace bypass (gotta build bypasses) ?

@MrLizard i think Deep Thought tells them they need to 'Ask the right question.' which is why the mice/girls need Arthur's brain.

Reminds me of this....

Nuke Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

Lol! 🙂

Too easy to ask 'em, answering them is another thing.
When 'Trivial Pursuit' was first released, I thought they were joking.
I can understand the Pursuit of Happiness or Wealth, but, the Pursuit of Trivia????

Granite is not the hardest, U238 is not the densest, know absolutely nothing about Ibex and titanium makes for a good bicycle; light weight, durable.

1.Diamond was once thought to be the hardest material on earth, but now the metal osmium has recently been found to be 476 GPa. That is over 7% harder than diamond, but it is not found in nature.

Looks like those are questions for which it should be extremely easy to find correct and verifyable answers with the help of a library or the Internet.

Is your line of questioning going somewhere logically ???? James

Leon Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

I know a lot of useless information about animals.

For a^n+b^n=c^n, are there any positive integers a, b or c that are solutions for values of n>2?

Fermat's last theorum was solved by Andrew Wiles a couple of years back.

I'm aware of that. @El-loco

Could there Mohs

Maybe?

Sqrt(x + 15) + sqrt👩 = 15

What is x?

Ohh, come on guys. It's not THAT hard!

OK, I'll start you off:

Rearrange so that Sqrt(x + 15) = 15 - sqrt( x )

Then square both sides.

All I can do is question the hard ask

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 25, 2018

It is my mission as a Philosophy professor to ask the hard questions of my students and myself

Is your line of questioning going somewhere logically ???? James

Leon Level 5 Mar 25, 2018

Granite and maybe quartz - both used in kitchen counters?
Don't know what U238 is
Where do ibex live?
Don't know anything about metals.

Sorry non-scientific mind here. lol

U238 is Uranium 238 on the periodic table #92, Ibex is a term the refers to mountain goat they just so happen to live in just about every mountainous range.

I don't do kitchen counters but:

U238 is the most stable isotope of Uranium. Also called 'depleted' Uranium it's what you use for your hardest, densest shell tips.

Ibex are a species of antelope that live in Africa.

Metals are the elements that are not in the upper, right hand corner of the periodic table.

Sorry if this is seen as mansplaining.

thank you for educating me. Took chemistry senior year in high school -dropped it after 6 weeks because of poor grades-lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.