Agnostic.com

65 11

Have you ever had a frenemy?

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Have you ever been successful at this?

silvereyes 8 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

65 comments (51 - 65)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YES! Mostly at work!

Maybe. I don't know if that's what she was. I know she used me for attention and as a social bridge, and for places I shared with her which she would take for her own, and she knew my feelings were far stronger than her own. After a time, I knew too but was powerless to break away. I guess she became one at some point during it all. It was a very deep personal bond between us. It was a lesson for me.

Many, they are people you know can hurt you given the opportunity so you pretend to be their friend.

I'm currently looking for one.
Maybe two.

Please send references.

Yeah, but nothing arsenic couldn't resolve. 😛 lol.

Nope. I do have friends that I like to be faux enemies with. We call each other names and say really harsh shit to each other but help each other happily as well.

I have one friend in particular like that, esp during card games. we'd call each other evil names like you wouldn't believe. We have toned it down a bit, but we still call each other names when we meet

I knew a guy in high school named Bob. He was a bully but one that I kind of liked. He just amused me for some reason even if he picked on me a little. He was probably the closest thing to a frenemy I've known.

no, i'm too old. it wasn't invented yet.

I think that it was mentioned in Sun Tzu's the Art of Warfare which is about 2500 years old.

@FrayedBear, frenemy?! i read that term for the first time on fb coupla days ago, so assumed it's one of these newfangled gen xyz things.

@walklightly Not the word but the principle. Sun Tzu didn't speak English!

@FrayedBear, ok, in principle i could never stand the air of tension that accumulates between people who dislike, loathe, detest, disdain, abhor, disgust, execrate, hate, disrespect, misunderstand, abominate, despise, disrelish each other. love & peace shall surround me!

@walklightly That is how you miss forewarning.

@FrayedBear ?

@walklightly By not being close enough to hear "pull the trigger and shoot the bitch" you don't get time to duck or run out of range!

@FrayedBear, other than online i am not close enough to be perceived as a bitch. so shoot me through the ether!

@walklightly LOL. it wasnt meant personally walklightly ... ? hmmmm unless .... should I be keeping you close? ?

@FrayedBear, whoahoahoah! are you sure you want to ask that question? 😉

@walklightly Always!

In the music business they are everywhere. It is probably the same in most businesses.

I’ve come across women that have had different ethics to me . I remove myself from all people who don’t deserve my energy .

My friend Jennifer. She is admirable, smart, I like her a lot, I just find her a bit bossy!
The other day we are leafletting for a corporate tax reform measure.
My hair is unruly and sticks up a bit. She is alarmed and offers me her comb. My bushy hair does not comb well. She insists and I have to comb my hair for Jennifer.
Irked? Not a big deal. I wonder if her spouse is some sort of saint, though!

On tenuous ground with ex who hangs with my friends, my family and still calls. I don't trust him, but I remain cordial, though his ingreaciating attempts with my family really bugs me.
I got my eye on this one.

No I honestly am not a good gamer I think it was because my earlier life was so chaotic I lied all the time at some point I realised I was not living in reality and made a decision never to lie except if it was seriously neccesary life or death stuff . My partner whom I live near is a brilliant strategist and tells me how to get out of awkward situations- There is a man in this scheme who is a drunk who gts pretty nasty but I have cut all ties with him .We have had many over the years , at one time we were known as 'the place all the alkies live but its a bit quieter now'. I am still talking lessons in gunboat diplomacy.

I don't allow enemies, if they are too negative or not making sense, get rid of them. Basely people are good , about 2 percent are out to screw you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.