Agnostic.com

44 2

Worry about hells?

How often do you worry about being banished to the hell of a religion different from the one you may have learned about as a child?

• 97 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 14 votes
dayII 6 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

44 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in the Bible Belt. I'm already in hell.

Are you feeling any better today??

@KKGator I am. Thanks for asking. Still not 100% better but hopefully tomorrow or the next day. 🙂

IF there’s a hell, which there isn’t, I’m sure I’d be the queen.
Nah, not worried about it.

The only hell I worry about is the one here on earth

Many make their own

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 29, 2019

As a child raised in a Christian household, I always thought hell sounded more interesting than heaven. Heaven seemed really boring. Who the heck wants to sit around all day playing the harp?

The only hell is the one you create for yourself by wallowing in fearful, hateful thoughts. It’s not necessary.

Hell is just north of Ann Arbor Michigan. Small cute and fun.

Life on the human planet is as close to hell as anyone will ever experience. Misery, cruelty, torment. Why would anyone need to outsource something so uniquely human?

My atoms were forged in a supernova, how hot could hell be???

The only individuals worried about such nonsense are the ones that believe in it

My life is already hell.

Silliness with my leftovers.......

I always said I want to retire to someplace warm. As long as hell has palm trees, I'm good.

What do you mean worry????.... THAT'S where the party is going to be at !!!!! ( If that doesn't answer your question then I don't know what will )

I just worry I’m not going to get to Dante’s Sixth Circle where the heretics and Skeptics live. Don’t fancying any of the others!

I don't believe in ANY hell. Even if there IS a GOD... why would s/he punish me for being the person I was made to be? A perfect GOD would create no mistakes.

Even when I entertained the notion of a God existing, it seemed silly and childish for God to have a hell.

It's almost as if Hell was invented to scam people by offering blessings for money or something. 🙂

Not gonna concern myself with something that doesn't exist.

We are all just clouds of nuclei and electrons interacting with other clouds of nuclei and electrons. Morality and society and our very perception of “reality” are just constructs of our own creation. The idea that somehow there’s a place where misbehaving electron clouds go to suffer for eternity is downright hilarious!

Worry?why would I worry about bullshit?

Hell is the last thing on my mind. The idea is laughable really.

No, I worry more that people created such concepts to begin with. We're a pretty fucked up species.

1of5 Level 8 Nov 29, 2019

@dayII you know, "for their own good" and all. Then some people are amazed to find out that they physically rape kids, too.

I was raised a secular Jewish but even religious Jews don't believe in any hells. It is not part of Judaism. Also, I am an atheist and even if the religion into which I was born included a hell, I would not believe in it. So I have spent exactly zero nanoseconds in my life worrying or even thinking about a hell, except perhaps long enough to answer a question like this.

Out of curiosity, let me ask why you would ask such a question of a community jury of nonbelievers and what kind of answers you might have expected?

g

@dayII thanks for clarifying and for your understanding of the madness of my auto-correct (I am thinking of having it committed).

g

@genessa if you find out how to lobotomize Auto-"correct" please let me know Immediately!

@AnneWimsey If my explanation of how to do it makes no sense that will mean it figured out how to lobotomize me.

g

No, but sometimes I sing "Wish You Were Here"

Why worry about something that will never happen.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:432485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.