Agnostic.com

62 7

Are Some Men Reluctant to Talk on the Phone?

Why do men want to text?

sassygirl3869 9 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (51 - 62)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally, I avoid talking on the phone mostly because I don't like feeling like I'm forcing the other person to hold up the conversation. As long as I know they want to talk, I don't usually mind.

Yes....as much as many women. I, for instance, I am selective. With certain friends I can chat for hours...and with others not even 10 minutes.

Yes, I don't like talking to a phone. When I send someone text, it's contained within an e-mail.

Yes!

Some people are reluctant to spend phone time. When I go into hermit mode - I am.

But then depending on who I'm speaking with, I've also been known to go for hours !

I never text.

I can talk for hours when they are interesting. Decision made today - will text once and that can be for hours.

That would depend for how long....

In my case, I prefer talking on the phone, it's easier and I don't have to stop what I am doing..

I have difficulty with the voice detached from a face...also volume, fast-talk and accent issues...
(I never thought of this as a man-thing)...

Texting is actually called SMS(ShortMessgaeService)and it's great
for, yes, short messages and replies...

I'm best with face-to-face, next best, chatting...

Yes.

I had rather talk than text if it is going to be a real conversation. Folks seldom ever sound like what you imagine. It adds so much more to the conversation. I have had too many conversations messaging that just end for what seems like no reason. That doesn't happen on the phone unless someone is pissed and hangs up on you.

I hate talking on the phone and I hate texting as well...

Once I am on the phone, I am fine...but I really have to force myself...

I disdain talking on the phone, and can't say I'm fond of texting either. Nothing beats eye to eye contact.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43814
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.