Agnostic.com

42 6

What's your biggest fear or insecurity?

It could be a phobia or something you dread on a visceral level, but what is the one thing you're most afraid of? I think for me, it's the idea of being destitute without any way out of that hole.

resserts 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not being able to log into agnostic.com

Well, now you're talking about a nightmare hell-scape.

@resserts lol

Falling to my death from a great hight, it would give me time to think about it.
Drowning.

Going into a group primarily social by myself not knowing anyone.

I was procrastinating but I was encouraged by another person from this site to get out there and so I have been facing those fears. And its still awkward but easier each time. And I continue to receive support and encouragement from others here. Thanks, guys!

You are inspiring me. Both you and @kreig.

I HATE going into group settings by myself. But, I'm about 95% assuredly okay when I go into a restaurant or a movie by myself.

I bought myself and a co-worker tickets to see the Moth Grand Slam this Thursday night in New Orleans. Turns out she cannot go.

I've been wracking my brain vacillating between options, inviting this person or that person and who do I really want to experience this with. Will they even know what the Moth is? Will they appreciate it? What if they don't like it? Worse, what if I can tell while we're there that they don't like it?

Which all leads me to "Do I have the courage and self-confidence to go by myself?"

Arghghghghghghhhhh!!!

@BlueWave, I encourage, challenge you to go either by yourself or with someone (if they accept the invitation, it's not your problem if they don't enjoy it). My first Meetup didn't go well at all, very awkward but I decided to go again and each time since it's been easier. Do it! You won't be sorry. ?

Thanks, @BeeHappy . I'm not going to waste the money, so we'll see what happens.

I had my own motorcycle group on Meetup.com and that was surprisingly very easy for me. I think because it was mine and I was in control. I scheduled the meetups/rides and people came.

Walking into an event like this in particular where single people don't go is what is scaring me.

Still -- with regard to regular local Meetups -- I'm going to see what's out there. Just because of y'all. 🙂

Fire. WhenI was five years old my mother threw a spray can of paint into the incinerator. Kaboom! My whole back yard of 10 acres of field was on fire and it spread down the fields of our neighbors. Every fire engine in town must have made an appearance. Luckily it didn't reach anyone's house. I can't light a match, lighter and get nervous around bonfires to this day.

Being trapped in my own mind/body in such a way that I was completely dependant on someone else. And unable to choose to end my own life.

Yeah that's pretty fucking frightening.

Get old timers.. can't remember shit. Once the mind goes, it's over.

@SteveB Priceless...

@SteveB exactly... that's what is so scary.. not remembering anything, even if you did forget it in the first place.

My worst fear has been realized. Nothing else remains.

That's terribly sad, though I guess surviving your deepest fear has its merits, too. I hope you're okay.

@resserts it’s really done nothing but destroy me. It has dawned on me since, that fear is directly correlated to the value you place on your life. At least that seems to be the case.

My body is eventually going to not allow me to lift. I dread that day.

Time to practice your, ahem, dread lifts.

@resserts Do you have to be so punishing?

@fauxname11 When some things go, like my supraspinatus, or there's too much arthritic damage in a joint I may not be able train around that injury. I may have to ignore whole bodyparts and watch as they atrophy away. Yeah I saw that video and she is damn impressive.

That I lack the humility to be perfect.

Being forgotten, abandoned, and alone

Yup that's me

Living my life alone, without someone by my side.

Alzheimers.

My biggest fears would be to be trapped inside a burning building or to be swimming in shark infested waters.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 26, 2018

Being in a small, confined space that I can not move.

I actually don't have any. I have no insecurities or fears. I have already been through everything.
All you can do is to continue to enjoy your life to the fullest. 🙂

One of my biggest fears is going 2 hospitals. The last time I went, I passed out before I even managed 2 sign in

Byrd Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

My biggest fear is losing loved ones.

The only fear or insecurity I can think of that I have is that something bad happens to the people I care about. Also, probably not realizing my full potential to do something better in life. Whatever that means.

Turbulences on a flight.

ABack Level 6 Mar 26, 2018

Had that over the middle of the Pacific. No thanks.

Mine too.

I fly.

And In those moments, been so conditioned to say, oh god, that I had to reassess my possible end of life phrase, a cuss word is more apt.

But then...The same applies to seeing a beautiful woman and there i am at a loss, mumbling, stuttering suffices to say the least.

Snakes! Brrruuuughhhh.... (shudders)

Indeed! I mean, Indy!

That I'm as awful a person as my insecurities tell me I am.

Ah, but that little voice telling you you're an awful person is a strong indicator that you're far from it — because truly awful people never think they are.

You are far from awful! I can't see awful when I'm next to you! No, no, no! ❤ ❤ ???

@BeeHappy thank you.

@resserts thank you.

Intractable pain and disability.

I have already been there; it scares me to see the person I became when those two conditions hit me.

One of my kids dieing

That's certainly a big one for parents, I think. I sincerely hope you never have to deal with that.

@resserts thanks me too 🙂

Heights. Not my greatest fear, but the one that affects me the most and the most dramatically.

Being old, broke, and lonely.

Serious concerns, for sure. I'm quite introverted, which seems fine now, but I'm unsure what that will mean for me once I'm elderly, can't get around well, and have fewer and fewer outlets for occasional socialization.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:43919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.