Agnostic.com

22 7

Is it getting harder for the level 7 and level 8 users on here to come up with topics that aren't repeats?

I'm finding it harder and harder to come up with new topics to post about. I'm noticing a lot of repetitive posts now. Are you having a hard time too?

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are repeat topics - however we seem to get new folk in all the time - which refreshes the conversation.

I really don't mind covering a topic more than once - if the conversation is lively. I do it all the time IRL.

Sometimes I will post on FB and here with the same topic.

Why worry about that?

New people will not have seen them.

As new members join, it's perfectly reasonable that some topics will be repeat topics.
What I don't think is reasonable is getting pissy about it (not saying you are, but I've
seen complaints from others). It's going to happen.
People post about what they're interested in. It should come as no surprise that many
people who frequent this site would have a similar mindset, and have some of the same
thoughts.

Yeah, I'm not mad.

I kinda agree... I post and comment far less than I used to for that reason. That, plus the trolls.

Yeah. I've not seen many lately.

I just post randomly like I do on facebook

Same here.

I agree with whoever said "as long as there's good conversation". Also if you're bored go to the deeper convos by using search

Oh, okay.

I haven't noticed too many repeats, but I do worry about accidentally repeat posting. I don't want to come across as annoying.

Mea Level 7 Mar 26, 2018

I wouldnt worry about it

It think thats why I post so many political and anti-religion memes. Also current events and personal experiences.

I like memes.

If someone wants every comment to be original, that is going to be a tall order. Some people may offer new comments for similar questions. Nothing wrong with that. I tend to post what is on my mind. Whats bothering me. What I am confused by, What I am titillated by, what I am afraid of, what I yearn for. I could keep on but you probably get the gist.

Yes I do.

There are a lot of reheated leftovers. I listen to the songs being sung, but tend to sit by the fire.

Cool.

Not really which is refreshing and I have to remember new people are me when I started. nothing is perfect.

Yep.

Seems that way. If l comment l try to change it the 2nd time around.

Cool.

Although these 'meme' posts are often entertaining, they are products of others. Actually, it is only to be expected that so many of these should repeat considering how often we see it on facebook.

Many of us have come to this site hopeful of finding more interesting and original points of view artuculated by individuals themselves; having grown weary of the very repetitive quality that is beginning to crop-up here. Here also, one still encounters politically programmed 'opinions' in place of personally formed views. Hey, we're all human and thus sentenced to finding improvements at best while being deprived of that luscious, elusive perfection. 🙂

Repetitiveness also, of course, occurs when individuals repeat (rant) (guilty...) points of view in various,, topically related posts and comments. Those repititions do, however, lack complete duplication in that sentences restating ideas usually differ a little.

Okay.

This question is a repeat....so there is your answer. (jst jkn)

Lol.

I see a lot of repeat posts and realised, 50% of my own were probably repeats, so my appologies to those here before me.

Some of mine might have been. One or two.

I've seen people post the same link or the same topic on the same day. It's bound to happen with so much activity, especially since we likely don't see every post each day.

Wow, yeah.

Just this out something about perky boobies every once in a while and everyone will be happy.

Okay.

Toasters or Toaster ovens?

I just talk about music mostly and whatever else

Nice.

And you aren't required to be the the one that always comes up with new topics. If you can't come up with something, just respond to everyone else for a while.

I'm only L4 and I'm already bored of the system.

Bye ?

@ashortbeauty aren't you the official greeter who's supposed to be encouraging new members?

@WileEQuixote mood swing. I'll be nice again after I sleep. Do you want to hang around and find someone? Cause it didn't sound like it to me. Were you venting like I vented making us both equal?

Wait. There's an 'official greeter'? When did we become Walmart? 😛

Have you checked out the groups? It's really hard to be bored here.

Check them out.

sad

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44051
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.