Agnostic.com

82 11

If you found out the Christian God of the bible was real, would you worship him?

I for sure wouldn't. The God of the Christian bible is petty and downright cruel and would not be deserving of worship.

Some of the things he did in that bible is beyond disgusting and what I'm disturbed by is people who justify his sick actions. Take the story of Abraham and is son for example. Asking a man to murder his own son just to see if Abraham cared about him when God should have known this if he's an all knowing God.

Take the creation story for example. God set Adam and Eve up on purpose to fail, considering he's an all knowing God, yet he put the tree of knowledge here to test Adam and Eve with when he would know ahead of time they'd fail that so called test.

Creating the Devil when he would know in advance the Devil would turn evil and trick so many by stealing their souls away to hell once they died. Inpregnating a young, engaged virgin girl without her consent with his son, whom which was also himself just to send him here to die in a horrid way for our sins just so humanity could be forgiven and have a shot to get to heaven after death. In fact he sent his son to die us, but was the one who designed the failure of humanity in the first place.

I could go on and on about this topic and the many things wrong with the Christain God.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope I'd punch him in the face 🙂

The Christian God of the Bible is morally inferior to most people on this site, and, ironically enough, to most people who worship him. I certainly wouldn't. Just as I never support a dictator or ineffective head of government, I wouldn't worship a being who is the very essence of cruelty, hypocrisy, egotism and incompetence.

i don't believe in a god or any book written to conform society. since humanity learned to speak and evolve intellectually there have been those who were leaders and those who were followers. as humanity evolved religion didnt and we usually start out believing as our parents teach us. i think we are coming to a point now where slowly but surely we are realizing that what we were taught is not the truth. if there is a god its not a separate entity it exists within if at all and it isnt holy it simply is. in my belief it is eternal and it is all wrapped around the power of love and hate is only a distortion of love.and evil is only hate with added judgement. everything is an issue of working past fear. ill get off my soapbox but i truly believe there is reason to everything and we will find it . of course i believe im going to win the lottery too. life is more acceptable when you accept it and think optimistically.

I wouldn't want it on his terms. I'd keep fighting

Mabes Level 2 Nov 20, 2017

No because as I've explained before it would clearly mean we were living in a simulated reality. Why would I "worship" the weird sick kid playing the our video game?

[dailymotion.com]

I agree with everything you typed. I can't believe in a father that would set his children on fire for falling off a bicycle. If this supreme deity did exsist, I would never worship him/her/it. I don't believe in bowing and groveling to anyone or anything. Earn my respect, and we can talk over a meal of Indian food. (Chances are, I would try to distract them so I could snag the last of the naan).

Worship? No. While I don't know how much of the stories would actually end up attributable to God and how much were using God to push shady agendas, I feel that as a deity he has a certain responsibility to and for his people which he has neglected to honor.

But I'd be happy to assent to his existence.

Have to burn that bridge when I get there but it seems to be an utterly fruitless thought experiment and I like weird thought experiments.

How do you react if you wake up as an intelligent, non physical form entity on planet Jupiter? Never thought about it? That's bc it's utterly irrelevant until that happens.

Well, again. There is no god. The bible was written by stupendously ignorant sheep herders who wrote what they believed. All the crap and horror is all about the sheep herders and their tribal insanity.

If there were a god who it could be said is/was responsible for all the blood bath of history, he/she/it would have to be a crazed criminal lunatic to have created things the way they are and allowed history to occur the way it has and continues to unfold.

Nope don't like him/her

It would take a near death experience for me to consider believing in him again. God loves all his children is a lie. I'm living proof that he does not.

Depends on the possible consequences.

I guess l would be packing my summer clothes for an incredibly warm afterlife.

I would not worship him Not the point...I would ask him to dinner....The old testament snarky but lighten up on the New although none is valid for me Sociak construct of BS

If the Christian god is real then so too is the Islamic one and the Jewish one, given that it's the Abraamic one. But no I wouldn't worship him/her/it, how demeaning.

This sort of thing ?

No I wouldn't. I would be open to ask him/her what parts are real and what parts were re-written to fit someones agenda. The stuff I grew up being taught and reading myself is actually a major deterrent to me being a follower again.

Of course, the Sumerian writings, which predate the Bible by 2000 years, tell the same stories, with slightly changed names, as Genesis, except from the point of view of an alien race that genetically engineered humans to work in the gold mines, and domestic animals and plants, for their food.

Their main leader, Anu-who correlates with the Christian "Jehovah," was supposedly the leader of the white dracos, a race that drank blood, required sacrifice to pacify the leader, and were violent and promiscuous in nature.

In the Sumerian writings, when the aliens realized that another planet would come close enough to the earth to cause massive flooding, they planned to withdraw on their spaceships until it was over, letting their slaves in the mines drown. But two of the Sumerian "gods" - one of which was called "the Serpent,"-were the ones in charge of genetic engineering, and they felt sorry for the humans, who had all been male to that point. To thwart Anu, they genetically engineered a female (Lilith), using too much Draco DNA, so she was too violent.

Eve was their second try, and she, unlike the human males, was capable of independent thought, and helped the others see that they were just slaves. Then the two gods arranged to save their favorites from being drowned, except that instead of all the animals being loaded into the ark, they just stored the DNA, to recreate them after the flood.

The origins of human beings according to ancient Sumerian texts [ancient-origins.net]?

I think I would have to go with Lucifer.

Heheheh Hell no. I believe in God. I believe in an afterlife where there is peace and happiness. I believe that EVERYONE can go there, as long as they were good to others. REGARDLESS of what Religion they were.

If God came down, claiming that Jesus was, in fact, his kid; and then said that we were all going to hell because we didn't believe that, I'd smack God in the face.

How DARE he, in all his "love", create us, then abandon us, and then creates ALL of these Religions, telling us we had to choose ONE, but only ONE of them were correct? AND THEN to go and punish EVERYONE else in existence, not for their character, not for their deeds in life, but for simply being raised to believe the wrong person was God's kid?

Pffft, he'd be an asshole. I'd rather follow the Devil himself than an unreasonable, dickhead of a God like that.

That's why I don't believe in a God like that.

I'm with you, I definitely wouldn't be a supporter. Honestly, I could see myself as a Luciferian or Satanist since being Atheist would no longer be a logical choice.

No. That's not a God worth showing devotion

No I don't believe in worship, I believe in spiritual equality. The idea of a king is a physical concept and is not something that makes any sence to me at all.

Didn't read the whole post, but heeeeelllll nnnnooooooo! The god of the bible is an immoral Monster. Fuck that guy!

If the Christian God is right doesn’t that make the others wrong?

No, I wouldn’t worship it for sure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.