Agnostic.com

28 16

LINK PA GOP Wants Death Certificate, Burial For Fertilized Eggs That Don’t Implant

This is just stupid. If the egg wasn't born and has no birth certificate, it really isn't needed and just creates needless government paperwork and expense. It's stupid stuff like this which makes government less efficient.

snytiger6 9 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

.... which happens more often than not, and generally without the woman's knowledge, the way I understand it. I didn't even go to med school and I know this stuff. Hell, I barely passed freshman Biology (with Jumpin' Joe Poulan- you still around, Joe? Props to the teacher!!!) and I know this stuff!! Why don't legislators know this stuff?!!

Oh, right- because it's not about science and never has been. It's about outlawing abortion. If the egg has a death certificate, then it was "alive", so once it's a fetus, obviously it's alive and you can't abort a live person, RIGHT???
Morons.

Barking idiots. Another sexist attempt by Republicans to control women's bodies.

Vote Republicans out of office!

Why stop there? Require all men to sing after ejaculating for the guys that didnt make it home. Heres a start for the playlist:

1. Every sperm is sacred Monty Python
  2. Couldve been by Tiffany
  3. That song about Vincent Van Gogh

How much you want to bet it was a man that came up with this bullshit?

I have no doubts it was a man who came up with that. Generally women seem to have more sense.

Well fuck me! I've heard it all now. Stupidity at is finest.

We'd be holding funerals for every menstrual period a sexually active woman has, on the off chance that a fertilized egg didn't implant. How on earth do they intend to track and enforce THAT?

I suspect they'd only apply it to those they wanted to control/punish, while it wouldn't apply to good, Christian Republican women.

@Toonces Wow! A 4-word Oxymoron.

Exactly GinaMarie!!! I thought the same thing!!

Gawd, I didn’t realize how backward the PA GOP is.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 29, 2019

As James Carvel said while running Clinton's first campaign, "Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between." It is. Born here - it is a mixed bag. State legislature set up to give power to the bigger areas not population. Except we have, currently, a good governor, a Democrat. Thus some recent abortion bills and shit like that will get vetoed and although in charge of the state legislature, the repubs have no super majority. We also have an awesome Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman. I would live to see him speak at the convention. He is smart, liberal, and looks like a big bad ass.

@Beowulfsfriend I was also born in PA and I’ve lived here most of my life. I’ve referred to the state as Pennsyltucky - Pittsburgh and Philly, with Kentucky in between. I agree Gov. Wolfe good and Lt Gov Fetterman was mayor of Braddock - 35% of the population lives below the poverty line.

In the 1980's Pa. stopped adoptees from getting their original birth certificate in the hopes that women would carry and deliver the baby instead of aborting. Didn't work that way and 2 years ago we can now get the original certificate.. Backwards thinking for sure. As a result I found a brother and sister that I never knew I had.

@starwatcher-al Congrats on the brother & sister. I had no clue about the birth certificate issue for adoptees. I do know some places have or had made it extremely hard for either the adopted child or birth mother to get information on each other.
I remember Governor Casey was pro-life, even tho he was a Democrat.

Not just the PA GOP, ALL of them in ALL 50 states are backward as can be.

@Redheadedgammy true, but I didn’t realize the buggers are that bad in the State (LOL and No, it is not the state of confusion) I live in. Thankfully, we have a Democrat Governor and if it makes it to his desk, it will be vetoed.

Not just PA.

It is stupidity like this that means I will Not be voting for any Repugs in November!

Absolute stupidity.

I asked one of those Jesus ass holes that believed that fertilized eggs were "people", what he would do if he was in a building with dozens of fertilized eggs and one little three year-old girl if the building caught fire...which would he pick-up and carry out to be saved. The disingenuous twit actually stated that he "...did not know what he would do in that situation." Which is bullshit...he would pick up the little girl just like everyone else would because he knows that she is a human being and the fertilized eggs are not, EVEN IF HE WOULD NOT ADMIT IT.

If you have had a miscarriage, you know just how horrible this sounds. It is a very twisted way to stop abortions. That is the ultimate goal. They do not care that this will crush emotionally. Disgusting and nd disturbing. Leave families in peace.

That just shows what idiots get elected to government.

I’m embarrassed to say I’m from PA. And NO, I don’t ever vote for republicans

Good, then they can see how many "god" aborts and shut the fuck up about it.

J/K. They're idiots.

1of5 Level 8 Dec 29, 2019

So much bullshit.

Pure greed!

Just another way to control others!!!

Just another attempt by Christians to impose their moronic beliefs on others. It's appalling, but not surprising.

Insane Assholes

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 29, 2019

I agree with your every word. If we want to go with this kind of GOP nonsense then we need to do the same thing every time a male ejaculates. This is nothing more than wanting a death certificate for a miscarriage. Best thing the ladies can do on this one is keep their mouths shut if they miscarry unless they are in hospital at the time.

This is just ridiculous.... Can't have a birth certificate if nothing was born

It would be slightly less idiotic if they held funerals for every "god aborted" fetus. But they don't; because this is not about fetuses.

@SeaGreenEyez OFFS! I have to be angry about it because otherwise I'd be scared.

@SeaGreenEyez That is horrible and inefficient has all hell.

@CS60 Republicans are crazy insane, not frugal.

Some people have finally gone off the edge. It all starts at the top and we can expect more cases like this to crawl out of the slime.

Is this stupidity why PA sends GOPers to their state houses? Damn, where the fuck are these morons constituents from? Podunk, PA?

Some of the GOPers, are real buttholes. I’m not sure how they got elected, but the the rural areas are usually for the GOP and the cities for the democrats

@CS60 some?

@Mofo1953 some are much worse than others. I live in Harrisburg, the State Capital and some are buttholes all the time. Just mean jerks (Metcafle), others are rather stupid, but off the top of my head I can’t name are moderate

Oh for fuck's sake. What in the hell is wrong with today's elected officials? What's next, penalizing women who don't bury their tampons with pomp and circumstance monthly, because they've let the POTENTIAL for a human life be lost?!?!?

Shh, they might be reading this so don't give them any ideas.

@JackPedigo I doubt those people ever do all that much reading.

@snytiger6 Not so much reading but hearing.

The GOP has gone insane.

If
They pass that legislation
Then
they will claim in court that an egg is a life, as it has a death certificate.
which will be used to limit/ban abortions

That is their general goal.

@snytiger6 So if they do that can the females of society control vasectomies?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:443590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.