Agnostic.com

30 9

When you're home alone do you ever grab a glass of wine and turn on some music and just sit in a darkish room and relax?

Or am I the only weirdo that does that?

paul1967 8 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You just described my life.

LMAO Yeah, I live it too.

Yes, or sometimes I sip wine while watching a movie, or sometimes I sip wine while making dinner, or sometimes I sip wine. LOL!

No. I grab a bottle.

Now you are talking

Yes, most Friday nights.

Friday Monday, who's keeping track 😉

@paul1967, if I need to work the next day, I don't usually drink.

It was a pot of tea, music, and a semi-dark room. Sometimes it's now a swivel chair in front of a picture window as I watch birds, squirrels, and occasionally deer--with the pot of tea and the music.

You really should try a glass of chardonnay from time to time. Just one sometimes two but it makes bird, squirrel and the occasional dear watching so much more relaxing.

Absolutely!

A pint of beer? Yes.

As much as I can. Did you know that stuff comes in boxes, too? 😛

Blah! thats not wine lol

@paul1967 Heh heh!

Not weird at all. Everyone needs to defrag sometimes!

Minus the wine, yes. Not as often as I'd like but it's certainly nice when I'm able.

I like Corona on a Friday night with a good game on

I always do without the wine and I watch my fish which is really relaxing with a dog either side, bliss.

Scotch

Not a drinker, too much family history. 😕 Got you on weird though. Is it totally hypocritical that as a non-believer, I love my xmas tree? Yes, it is still up. It is fiber optic, lot of nice color and I enjoy sitting in a "darkish" room (preferably in the HUGE pillow/chair) with the tree turned on, watching the twinkling lights, sipping tea or coffee and listening to soothing music. That is only one mood though. Different music for different moods. 🙂

To be honest, the wine is a relatively new thing for me. A friend got me started on that, and I've never been a drinker. Alcohol usually puts me to sleep, but I find that a glass of wine clears away all the spiders in my head. I overthink sometimes, and the wine helps me stop thinking and just take in the music.

I enjoy parts of Christmas in a secular way

Yes,except the wine is beer. I miss the seventies with8 track headphones blacklight posters lava lamps. That was more than listening to music it was an experience.

I do that, but with whiskey and a book (and music).

All the time. Though I usually indulge in a hot beverage, my favorite being hot cocoa with marshmallow fluff.

I don't drink alcohol because 1. It tastes nasty to me, 2. It messes with my medication. It gives me a stomach ache, even just looking at it I feel sick. Same with marijuana or any street drugs. I only take medication that is prescribed to me. I am always the sober one. No one invites me to the bar because I order Sprite.

Or some facsimile 🙂

it would probably be a smart move, but i usually go online to wind down - which most often takes me in excess of 2 hours or so.

Yes, almost, coffee or maybe a scotch instead of wine, usually coffee.

I have a weakness for colored lights. I used to listen to calming music with a string of Halloween lights that gave off a very comforting glow (orange, purple, and green). Then I got a glitter lamp. It's like a lava lamp but with big fat pieces of glitter and the water is blue. When it heats up they start moving slowly around, throwing patterns on the wall and it's like being underwater. Now I have this slowly rotating lamp that you can change the colors of and it throws patterns on the ceiling. Mesmerizing. I love it. Throw in some purring cats and nice music and it's pretty relaxing.

Remi Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

I used to, but can't drink anything these days.

Sure do...and then some.

Wine? No. A nice bowl of top notch cannabis and some Pink Floyd or Tool to mentally voyage to while in a dimmed or darkened room. Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:44767
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.