Agnostic.com

24 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't want my parents spying on me when they were alive. That hasn't changed because they have passed. I did a lot of different drugs in my youth, but none seem to be as powerful as the state of delusion.

So, that sounds like a possible new situation comedy.

Hey, if you're stupid enough to believe in this crap' you deserve to be scammed!

Well that takes voyeurism to a whole new level, don't it?
LOL

I need to add:

Oh, FFS!!!!

It's like thier version of heaven is watching tv all the time but the channels are just of different relatives. How is that not hell?

In cases of incest is it a split screen or still 2 channels?

Uuuuuhhh.....no. Some of my dead relatives can stay the fuck on that side of the portal.

And close their damn eyes.

Frankly, I was more interested in the link about the heavenly tractor-driving cows... [friendlyatheist.patheos.com]

LMAO... I didn't see that one... but it beats the one I posted for sheer silliness.... by far.

Here is the proof

When would your dead relatives have time to see you? They would be praising god.

Is it called "heavenflicks" only $7.99 a month?

No, you have to reach into your heart and give until it hurts in order to feel the blessings of god's love. Or, so they will tell you.

I learned this in my Finis Jennings Dake bible studies. He didn't say it the way I'm gonna explain it, and I will refrain from listing scriptures. Either heaven isn't that far up or you get great eyesight once you die. Anyone who ever watched Flash Gordon should understand it. Not only can you look down and guide your living relatives, you can also look down and see those in hell. I'm not sure if that is to laugh at them or god doesn't want you to get any ideas. How would you be happy in heaven seeing your relatives in hell?

As for your dead relatives guiding you here on earth, that is a real stretch. I'm alive and you are dead so why are you guiding me? You should have guided yourself a bit better. Also, these guiding relatives are angels now and they have wings. Apparently this is bird-like wings with feathers. Every time some of my relatives find a feather they know the dead relative has been around them. (I'm not kidding here.) It ticks them off when I say they should have looked for a bird.

I remember discussions like this when I was in grade school, childish ramblings as we tried to make sense of this world and what it all meant. I was one of the lucky ones, I outgrew it before I made it to my teens, clearly a lot of people didn't.

I was going to make a joke about heaven being full of voyeuristic perverts who can spy on all our debauched sexual practices until I read this quote from the article: "It turns out there are special balconies in Heaven — lots of them — and your dead relatives use it to spy on you. But only when you want them to." But this is along the same lines as the place I've heard about up there where you can look out and gloat about all heathens roasting in Hell.

I'd bet a lot fo Christians would think of voyeurism as an appropriate eternal reward.

@snytiger6 Even if one weren't so inclined to begin with, an eternity worshipping God morning, noon, and night would find one welcoming any sort of entertainment just to break the monotony.

According to this scam artist, they can only see you when you want them to--they don't see the bad stuff, only the good.

So, basically, like down here, they live (exist) in ignorance of reality.

Not only god, but all your relatives watch and judge you.

Talk about sick.

1of5 Level 8 Jan 12, 2020

Being religious is not about being dumb or gullible, it is about being dishonest!

They are able to get themselves to pretend to believe things they cannot actually fully believe themselves. Notice how they always have to keep restating their belief in a group. An intelligent thinking person educated in the USA, after 1950, cannot possibly truly believe that a snake can talk, or even that there can be any reasonable symbolism for which an actual event has that effect. The Judeo-Christian Bible is chocked full of preposterous stories that you would otherwise have your own mother committed to an asylum for believing. It DOES state explicitly that the Earth is a round disk with a dome over it! Religion is every bit as stupid as any Greek mythology, or flat-earth theory! THAT is why debates about religion should go more like this.
What? You do not believe in god?
No! And you do not either!
I am telling you I do believe!
So you are telling me you actually, literally believe the bible (if they are Christian or Jewish)
(most believers and almost 100% of catholics almost never study the bible)
IF you are not yet ready to let go of what you really know inside IS a delusion - an imaginary friend hen I am not ready to spend any time talking to you about that delusion!

Basically you do NOT debate people over it any more than you would debate with your four year old child about their delusion about Santa!

With sufficient social factors (which do NOT exist) we could have adults convincing themselves that they really do believe in Santa and the elves etc.

You forget one important ingredient in religion and that is hell. He’ll is the straw that stirs the drink. A rational person will not believe all of that but a person who fears going to hell ifnthey even question the Bible is not 100% accurate will.

Oh, cool. I'll remember this the next time I have sex. Not awkward one bit, no sir.

If I remember the Bible stuffed down my throat as a kid, the Bible says that there are no people in heaven until after Armageddon. Then those in their graves and in the sea will be taken to heaven. So, if that is correct, there is no one to be looking down at anyone. It seems that Bible thumpers forget what is actually printed in the Bible. 🙂

"the Bible says that there are no people in heaven until after Armageddon"
That is a Dogma from a sect or demonination.

The Bible can be read, and is read otherwise by other sects.

None of my relatives went to heaven when they died.

JimG Level 8 Jan 12, 2020

Jello-O city?

Yeah. I guess for some Christians a Jello city seems like heaven.

@snytiger6 Well they might be on to something. Maybe Jello city is just much easier softer place. It is a comforting safe and unusual place. O know it's not real but there is an appeal.

Part of me feels sorry for the gullible idiots that believe this sort of crap.

Yeah, me too.

A huge belief in the Philippines, apparently.....

In the Philippines, where there was and perhaps still is a church official named Cardinal Sin?

I am personally grateful that she "literally showed" me cenes from heaven. The need to question is vanquished.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:448562
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.