Agnostic.com

23 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are strange particles all over our planet, and one of them is resident in the White House currently! Unfortunately that has not been published in any scientific publications! 😉

But it HAS been described in a number of Psychology journals. Search on the keywords "psychopathic narcissist" for more information.

Earlier article about same phenomenon.
Paywalls suck!

Thank you, that was interesting.

@Surchin Thank you. That was probably more informative than the article behind the paywall anyways.

Not exactly an academic, peer-reviewed publication.

I'll wait for the actual white paper, if it exists, to come out....

This is how we had Alien vs Predator !

Yet.......

Not paying to read article.

One does not have to pay to read about this here:
[livescience.com]

@BirdMan1 Thank You!

We have a orange hole in the whitehouse, why not a black one under the ice. Maybe we are all just falling into the event horizon and haven't stretched yet.

A little background info on the New Scientist Periodical. No judgement, just FYI:

The magazine was founded in 1956 by Tom Margerison, Max Raison and Nicholas Harrison[2] as The New Scientist, with Issue 1 on 22 November 1956, priced one shilling (twentieth of a pound, pre-decimalisation in UK; £1.23 today) An article in the magazine's 10th anniversary issues provides anecdotes on the founding of the magazine. The British monthly science magazine Science Journal, published from 1965 until 1971, was merged with New Scientist to form New Scientist and Science Journal.

. In April 2017, New Scientist changed hands when RELX Group, formerly known as Reed Elsevier, sold the magazine to Kingston Acquisitions, a group set up by Sir Bernard Gray, Louise Rogers and Matthew O’Sullivan to acquire New Scientist. Kingston Acquisitions then renamed itself New Scientist Ltd.

Greg Egan's criticism of the EmDrive article Edit
In September 2006, New Scientist was criticised by science fiction writer Greg Egan, who wrote that "a sensationalist bent and a lack of basic knowledge by its writers" was making the magazine's coverage sufficiently unreliable "to constitute a real threat to the public understanding of science". In particular, Egan found himself "gobsmacked by the level of scientific illiteracy" in the magazine's coverage of Roger Shawyer's "electromagnetic drive", where New Scientist allowed the publication of "meaningless double-talk" designed to bypass a fatal objection to Shawyet's propsed space drive, namely that it violates the law of conservation of momentum. Egan urged others to write to New Scientist and pressure the magazine to raise its standards, instead of "squandering the opportunity that the magazine's circulation and prestige provides". The editor of New Scientist, then Jeremy Webb, replied defending the article, saying that it is "an ideas magazine—that means writing about hypotheses as well as theories".

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Like so many other things they must have an origin from someplace other than our earth. Comets are doing drive by shootings.

Another article about this. Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
[livescience.com]

MizJ Level 8 Jan 15, 2020

Possible UFO activity in Antarctica or some other outer space origin.

Must be some supernatural goo substance that is flying through the scientific space-time bubble. I bet when this high energy goo substance reaches the edge of the scientific space-time bubble, it bounces into the wall of anti-space surrounding the universe scientific space-time bubble. It helps push back anti-space causing the expansion of the scientific space-time bubble thus expanding the universe.

Word Level 8 Jan 15, 2020

I bet it’s an interesting article, but it requires subscription to read it all. Any chance you can cut and paste the article?

[sciencealert.com]

@Druvius Thank you. Very interesting but I'm an arts and letter person. However, I've always told my classes that humans are bound by our Earth-intelligence. In other words, what makes us think we would recognize beings from another planet or, if they are anything like humans, the trash they leave behind. Keep posting so we can learn.

I find it quite amazing to think that anyone could be so narrow-minded as to think we have found everything already. Everything has been discovered, there couldn't possibly be anything more that we don't already know

I can only read the first paragraph, but doesn't this sound like neutrinos?

JimG Level 8 Jan 15, 2020

Could it be a case of an entangled particles? I can imagine an entangled particle behaving in seemingly odd ways. Which begs the question of whether or not the whole idea of entanglement breaks the laws as we think we know them. (Not that I know them too well, or even understand entanglement very well.)

Interesting, scientists will be scratching their heads over this for awhile. Non paywall article: [sciencealert.com]

That these particles have never been picked up by other detectors is problematic, if not simply pointing strongly in the direction of experimental error. I hardly think the Standard Model is going to be upset by a set of unidentified events that are indirect in any case. It took the LHC to find the Higg's boson. Perhaps other kinds of fields are present that can give rise to these mystery particles.

A lot more events need to be recorded to make this phenomena certain enough to mount a more concerted realm of research, but physicists may well have to build a case with bravado and PR to get more funding.

So many negative people---

What do you suggest it could be? Secret landing of UFOs? Please tell 😊

Some say there's an ET base underneath the ice.

@Storm1752 Alex Collier said that. I downloaded that book (not for sale) in 2012.

HEY! Doesn't anyone remember 'Oumuamua?

From 2017?

Hello.... is this thing on...? hello?

Hey, there are also inexplicably strange particles in the White House!

Atoms are mostly empty space.....

Then it MUST be GOD!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:449623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.