Agnostic.com

30 3

What are people listening to these days?

Music is one of the last healthful healers (along w sex, the outdoors, reruns of 'the jack benny show' or 'the mighty boosh'😉 when navigating an increasingly votile world.
when I'm cheerful, it's late 50's live recordings from the apollo. or prince, bowie, zappa. stressed, vintage koto music or something tuned to eno-ese... aggressive, the music of dub trio or judas priest. or mad afrocuban percussion.
other opinions?

agentXchicago 4 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems like most current music is created and delivered by bands or singers that are 'groomed for consumption'. Think of Taylor Swift (vomit) and boy bands. Oh, and country music especially that red dirt nonsense. It's all formulaic. Just like Sienfeld....

My heart is the 50s, 60s and 70s popular and rock music (though I like classical music). Live with it everyday, including exercise. Spotify has a great collection, and internet radio. Love "FlowerPower radio! online. I overhear some free to air stations with so called modern pop music: tuneless, lyric-less, mumbo jumbo nothing music, by overpaid lightweights largely produced by computers. In the old days we use to call it MUZAC and it was played on elevators. Now it makes nobodies stinking rich and they get Grammy Awards. You never hear the lyrics. Real lyrics might make you think. That’s bad. Funny thing is, a lot of younger people also connect to classic rock and pop 50-70s, which is really great. I wonder if they’ll still be playing the pop crap music of today in 50 years time? Somehow I doubt it.

Yes, yes I know. I'm just getting old.You don't have to tell me.

The new Judas Priest record has gotten a good number of plays on my Tidal account this past couple of weeks. Their best work since Painkiller.

had an obsession with 'turbo lover' last summer. I knew a DJ (teri bristol) who played it @ a dance club years back, and her connections with billboard got it (briefly) on the billboard dance charts!

At this very moment, I'm listening to John Contrane and Miles Davis

n o t h i n thing like driving thru the rainy chicago streets on a chilly sunday afternoon listening to the 'african brass' recordings -

I'm all over the place. Currently listening to a Buddy Holly station on Pandora. I'm 44 but adore oldies music. Been on an Adele kick lately as well, Bruno Mars. Oh the Blues Brothers soundtrack is awesome!

New wave.

The Allman Brothers Band, The Who, Pink Floyd

2Cellos

They are great.

Well, a lot of the kids listen to rap and pop. One of my favs is Bruno Mars.

these days I have gotten into this band "the devil makes three". I like the semi-folk sound it has.

??Is this a time warp? I'm 65 years old but I listen to everything, including the latest US pop, K-pop, Thai pop, Latin pop, rap, Caribbean, Cuban, jazz, and classical.

A current US fave is this DNCE hit song

DNCE - Kissing Strangers ft. Nicki Minaj

At 62, my tastes run to literally something good from any genera. I do have an affinity for the blues. Although, I, too can listen to multiple styles. Set spotify to shuffle. Japanese techno wouldn't be my first choice, but my son enjoys, so when in Rome. When in HS my parents made my friends an I our instruments outside. Had a very bad punk band in 72, in South Central PA. And yes, that's where the Amish call home.

I like rap the least but I listen to everything. It can be over 100 years old, classical, C&W, rock, old 1950's songs - you name it. At my age I remember when radio stations played songs of every genre. Later the stations would specialize in one type of music.

Besides my usual selection I've been gravitating to Arabic music lately some are spot on vocally even though I couldn't for the life of me make out a word they're saying

I’m stuck in the 80s. ?

Natalie Prass

Postmodern Jukebox

Marz Level 7 Mar 28, 2018

I love music. At least a little something from all genres. I'm from the classic rock generation. Played guitar as a kid in a very bad punk band. And have an affinity for the blues which I share with my oldest son, a good musician, who plays many instruments, but mainly keyboards and harmonica. Currently I would say if asked for suggestions: The Dead South; and Gorrillazs.

For me, Mozart is most soothing as well as most stimulating. But I like Beethoven, and others, also

Hard Bop, McCoy Tyner in particular, gravitating back to piano/keys after playing lead guitar for the last 3-4 years (and making little money at it). Also continuing my lonely love of surf rock instro and the harder and more aggresive bands that are playing it. Turning away from commercial music to just originals, and having a lot of fun doing it.

A little of most everything except 'bro country'. Last night I was listening to Peter Tosh 'Bush Doctor'. Saturday I watched a pretty good documentary about Rush(I know, you love 'em or you hate 'em) on AXS. Lately I've been putting the tv on Adult Alternative while puttering(is that still a word) around the house. My taste varies widely, and kudos to those who mentioned Floyd and Prine.

The Playing For Change collection of music, recorded by various artists around the globe, and then mixed down to a single version. They are f'n awesome. This one was recorded in a studio, but most are recorded in the street. If you haven't checked them out, give it a listen ...

Novareign - Lgends mind blowing guitar shred.

Today I am listening to "American Beauty".

Unless there deaf anything within range of there hearing.

Nxnes

I like a good mix of almost everything, No matter the type.
My favorite is smooth jazz but I keep a good selection of pretty much everything from 50s on up to today.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.