Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you by chance an INFJ type? I am, and check yes to your whole list. Especially the movies. My son laughs. My timing is almost perfect every show.

@silvereyes similar in ways. Makes sense.

I'm pretty impatient a lot of the time.

However, I'm also chronically late for things no matter what I do. When I do manage to leave the house quickly enough, I'm the person who ends up hitting every red light or gets lost. Plot my course to avoid getting lost? Google leads me a merry chase all over town to end up in the wrong location. Start early? There's a wreck on I-5. Start even earlier? Arrive on time, traipse all over the building, unable to find the room I'm looking for, end up late anyway. I've managed to be on time for appointments about nine times out of ten, but social things is where it falls down. But if people want to drop me because of it, it's their loss.

I have heard that late people think more about themselves than they ought to, do you agree?

@Boudica Depends on whether 'think more about themselves than they ought to' refers to narcissism (for which one has to have a high opinion of oneself so lolnope) or being self-conscious (which I am, far too much).

I arrive right @ designated time in fact in fact when I did not arrive at exactly 6:30 for a poker game my friends called my wife to see if there was a problem which set in motion a series of events that wasn't very nice. They called the hospitals and the police just as I arrived 30 minutes late due to a car accident that held up everyone on the highway. My phone had died so no one could get in touch with me. I immediately called my wife who was very upset.

Second time was when I was on a two week hike and artrived 2 hours late for pick up. All went well however.

I like being able to set my watch on my companions arrival.

I knew I did so for a reason.

I am least patient when I am a patient. Who the hell do Doctors think they are anyway?

jeffy Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Right! Show up early so you can wait longer for me to be late.

You are okay. Dont see anything wrong and spouses opinion is often not factual.

I am patient, except when dealing with idiot drivers or technology. I will pitch a fit if my cell phone or computer acts up....and I think people driving slow in the fast lane should be executed

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Maybe just kicked in the balls.

People say I am extremely patient, but the voice in my head says otherwise, I guess the high level of frustration doesn't show.

I've been a patient. I've known some patients. I have no patients. They are very expensive to keep.

LOL!

Not since I escaped! mwueeheeeheee!

I'm not that patient. I'm too easily distracted.

Extremely patient. Except on the rare occasion when I'm not. Hit one of my triggers and I will snap. I don't like to be manipulated.

My poor wife is torn. Like you, she doesn't want to sit through a bunch of previews. Unlike you, she likes particular seats and doesn't want to arrive after they're taken.

Yhhhhhh.. Nah ... sometimess

Anyone who has been in the US Army has learned patience. The Army has always had a "hurry up and wait" way of operating. I have moderate patience.

It's funny that someone would associate showing up late for things with impatience. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I am patient in most things, but not with people who are habitually late. : D

JimG Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

It really depends on what, or who, is requiring my patience.

I'm not very patient, but some things I just accept, like traffic delays. If there's not much I can do about it, I figure there's no reason to get very upset over it. But when my father tells me about something that happened and his retelling takes longer than the actual events, I get a little peeved.

Depends on my mood

I am a very patient person, but I do have my limitations. I have to deal with some pretty irritating situations at work at times, and they can grate my patience. I warn my clients that "mean browneyedlady" is getting ready to make an appearance.

I think I can be impatient, but when it matters, and I am aware of myself, I can be very very patient.

I'm less patient and this habit I got since my childhood.

FAIZ Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

I modify my behavior so it looks like I'm patient, but I do seethe internally when something goes on for what seems like forever. Does that count?

Nope...I escaped...zing! BAM!....actually, I am very patient...too patient, maybe...

I am an impatient person who has learned patience over the years. I still haven’t figured out the virtuous part.

I am but not as bad as I used to be.
Watching someone fumble around with something I know how to do still freaks me out a little though. lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.