Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mother said I wasn't. My wife says I'm not. My daughter says I'm not. So — probably not.

It really depends on what, or who, is requiring my patience.

I am an impatient person who has learned patience over the years. I still haven’t figured out the virtuous part.

Nope...I escaped...zing! BAM!....actually, I am very patient...too patient, maybe...

I am a very patient person, but I do have my limitations. I have to deal with some pretty irritating situations at work at times, and they can grate my patience. I warn my clients that "mean browneyedlady" is getting ready to make an appearance.

Depends on my mood

I've been a patient. I've known some patients. I have no patients. They are very expensive to keep.

LOL!

I am patient, except when dealing with idiot drivers or technology. I will pitch a fit if my cell phone or computer acts up....and I think people driving slow in the fast lane should be executed

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Maybe just kicked in the balls.

I am quite patient. I've always had a great deal of patience. In fact, I have more of a propensity to being patient than not. It must be related to my disposition of being patient. You know. I do tend to be early but I don't think that has anything to do with my being patient. It has to to with not wanting to be late. I could go on but I don't want to try your patience 😉

SamL Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

I am least patient when I am a patient. Who the hell do Doctors think they are anyway?

jeffy Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Right! Show up early so you can wait longer for me to be late.

Yes and no. I was programed early as a child to always arrive before everyone else. To always be early. I can wait hours for appointments that I've arrived early for. I also am very impatient with certain kinds of people, though

I'm pretty patient. Probably more than I should be...

I'm usually early - in sales you impress the client. Patience? I have it, but sometimes I hate waiting for other people shopping, gambling, drinking when I just want to leave. Sitting in a car waiting for someone my biggest gripe.

I think I can be impatient, but when it matters, and I am aware of myself, I can be very very patient.

I'm not very patient, but some things I just accept, like traffic delays. If there's not much I can do about it, I figure there's no reason to get very upset over it. But when my father tells me about something that happened and his retelling takes longer than the actual events, I get a little peeved.

It's funny that someone would associate showing up late for things with impatience. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I am patient in most things, but not with people who are habitually late. : D

JimG Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

Not since I escaped! mwueeheeeheee!

I'm not that patient. I'm too easily distracted.

I’m patient with everybody except impatient people.

skado Level 9 Mar 29, 2018

Yes, sometimes too patient with people who turn out to be toxic for me. I'm early for everything, except family functions. I've learned that it is best for me to show up at a family function late and leave early.

I've been told I'm too patient

I arrive right @ designated time in fact in fact when I did not arrive at exactly 6:30 for a poker game my friends called my wife to see if there was a problem which set in motion a series of events that wasn't very nice. They called the hospitals and the police just as I arrived 30 minutes late due to a car accident that held up everyone on the highway. My phone had died so no one could get in touch with me. I immediately called my wife who was very upset.

Second time was when I was on a two week hike and artrived 2 hours late for pick up. All went well however.

I like being able to set my watch on my companions arrival.

I knew I did so for a reason.

I have patience in abundance. But ... it is highly selective. I can deal with the presence of stupid for approximately 10 nanoseconds. Willful ignorance (a trait of many of the religious) I can handle for no more than 5 nanoseconds. Children and young adults are cool, as long as they don't display the aforementioned traits.

I do things on a schedule. Don't make me wait.

I used to be relatively patient. I liked to arrive at least 10-15 minutes early for everything. I would always have a novel with me, and would read it while I waited.

Then I married and had children. It seems that no one else in this house believes in being any earlier than 20 minutes late for anything. I started to get into this habit myself, but I've been working to turn it back around, particularly when it's just me.

miffy Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Yes, but I have limits.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.