Agnostic.com

74 9

Do you accept or reject friend request on Facebook by people you don’t know?

It seems like every time I turn around, I’m getting a friend request by men either from Australia or Saudi Arabia. I usually just delete the request, but I just needed to know what any of you do.

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reject , for sure...
I even rejected my cousins husband because he's a trumpy... lol

Lol

Nope. Delete, delete, delete.

I don't have that problem. I have no facebook friends and set up my account so that only friends of friends can send me friend requests.

Me, too. I generally reject any unsolicited friend requests, wherever they come from.

Depends, if we have several mutual friends I usually will. If it's someone with whom I do not have a mutural friend(s), I don't unless they send me a PM explaining how they know who I am and why they want to be my friend. I get a LOT of bogus requests.

I always check their profile page to see if we have anything in common.

Make FB private.

People on my Facebook acct are people that I actually know in real life. Friend requests from people that I don't know, I delete.

Reject. Most are scams. Delete.

Automatically reject if I don't know them personally.

Reject ...had too many twenty something's asking me to come see them on webcam only needing my credit card details to confirm my age

I delete the ones that don't have any mutual friends and that I've never spoke to on any comments

I've been getting them from strangers too lately - if Idon't know them I delete them. Last time I said yes I had a scammer from a FB post.

If we have no mutual friends on FB, I reject them. If the photo is of a young woman witha vast amont of clevage, I reject her. My rules are simple, there must b a connection at least with five FB friends.

I look at their page and if they seem ok I accept them.

It depends... on my mood, who they are friends with and what their interests are.

It depends on mutual friends and what we have in common. How’d they find me?

Reject

Gigi Level 3 Mar 29, 2018

It just depends. I'm into political activism and once accepted a friend request from a person simply because I knew they were friends with an activist actor. I did this because I really wanted to be in touch with that person and they already had too many friends. Now we are all friends. There are many that I turn down and do not know. Some people on Facebook just befriend everybody.

I belong to many different groups on Facebook, so if they are legitimate friends of friends, I will probably accept them. But I also get approached by people (women, mostly) that have a profile less than three days old, seem to own little or no clothing and think I am real cute (dead giveaway right there). buh-bye

"Own little or no clothing". Hilarious.

I don't have that problem, my FB account is only visible to friends, not even their friends can see me and noone can send me a freind request. I have less than 50 contacts, almost all of them are either family or foster kids.

I just reset my page to where only friends can contact me.

@EmeraldJewel My account is set to friends and friends of friends. I very rarely get requests, but Facebook is really just a way for me to stay in touch with family/friends.

depends. if we have mutual friends in common i typically accept, or if its soneone ive interscted with on someone else’s posts. i write publicly so i get a lot of requests.

Since I have changed my privacy settings set so that only friends of friends can friend me, I usually accept requests. When my privacy settings were anyone, I got all kinds of scammers.

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

No mutual no acceptance

I find it funny when I get a request that has no posts on it, then I delete the request. If you have no connection to me or my friends then I just delete it.

BillF Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

I don’t use Facebook.
I deleted my account years ago. I found it too annoying.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.