Agnostic.com

74 9

Do you accept or reject friend request on Facebook by people you don’t know?

It seems like every time I turn around, I’m getting a friend request by men either from Australia or Saudi Arabia. I usually just delete the request, but I just needed to know what any of you do.

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (51 - 74)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No I do not

Always reject

Mostly reject, unless there are mutual friends involved, or I can see that they've come from a group that I'm on (though that isn't foolproof - I've had scammers latch on from groups before now.)

If they claim to be in the US military, a UN peacekeeper on a secret mission that I mustn't tell anyone about, or a construction worker, currently on a project overseas, then I tend to TinEye search their pics to see if they're photos known to be used by scammers. If I find them on fake-scam.info or similar, I accept the friend request, post the link to their photo on the scam site in several different places on their page, then unfriend them and block them on FB Messenger (they usually try to start a conversation as soon as you accept the friend request.)

You'd think they'd remove the links, but they're typically not that smart. I've gone back to check several days later, and my links to the scam sites are still on their page.

Just to add: it's often worth checking the URL of their Facebook page. This will often give away the name that they registered the account with. If it's completely different to the one they're profiling as now, then that should be ringing alarm bells, too.

I usually delete the request. But, sometimes, I ask why the person wants to be my friend. If the answer sounds lefit, I might try allowing it for a while. I fan always deltee i or de-friend the person..

Reject.

No. You should read this if you're just deleting friend requests, especially the note at the bottom.
[facebook.com]

Reject reject reject! 😉

Nomad Level 6 Mar 29, 2018

Not unless there are mutual friends involved or we have communicated on another group.

I always reject. There are too many unknowns.

90 % of the time I will reject them. If we have a mutial friend I might check with them.

If I don't know them whatsoever - no.

I accept the request (most of the time) andthen "unfreind" them if I decide I don't like them after a month or so.

I usually ignore them. Reject and they can try again.

I have been on FB for years, and I have about 20 friends.......people I ACTUALLY know and have interest in their lives. I go through that list every six months or so, and get rid of people I no longer communicate with, or have outgrown (this goes both ways). Having 200 friends is kinda bullshit.......it is more of a popularity contest.

Depends. I never accept a request from a stranger with no friends or personal pictures.

absolutely most are spam..or are selling something..Just research their site/page.

Closed account

Reject them all.

Depends of several factors but mostly reject.

If it's about helping animals I friend them or other interests apart from partners etc

I can see that happening to you. You have a slight middle eastern appearance and lovely I might add.

I had a friend with similar features while in Saudi on vacation was offered 20 camels as a wedding gift for her hand in marriage.

ha ha..

I do not friend anyone on FB. I use it to store sites I frequent.

I love meeting new people, but I usually message them first and let them know I'll b friends with all kinds of folks, but I don't deal well with intolerance or pushing ur beliefs on others. There r a few more things I won't put up with but those r the major ones. If they agree I accept. Sometimes stuff gets weird and I have 2 block someone, or they don't respect my previously stated terms of friendship. Its no worries 2 me tho, I find it kinda entertaining, and amongst the ones that suck, there r some pretty cool people

Byrd Level 7 Mar 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.