Agnostic.com

74 9

Do you accept or reject friend request on Facebook by people you don’t know?

It seems like every time I turn around, I’m getting a friend request by men either from Australia or Saudi Arabia. I usually just delete the request, but I just needed to know what any of you do.

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get requested by weman supposed American woman living Ghana or other African countries all the time. Most of the time I delete them. But sometimes I’m in the mood to mess with someone. And will accept and chat with them. It’s always a similar story their dad is American their mom is African. She was born in America but some how is stuck in Africa and wants to get back to America. And just after a short time talking to me she is madly in love with me and wants to be my woman and have my kids. She just need the airfare to get to me. Lol and she is 22 and looks like a super model. And her English is Horrendous. I know a guy that fell for this twice. Sent one girl $1000 dollars and less then 2 weeks later sent another $1500. He was married with kids still living at home. He was a conservative Christian. I told him he was without a doubt the dumbest human being on earth. How do people fall this crap.

I depends what they're profile looks like really?

Every person on my Facebook friends list is someone that I have had meaningful conversation with BEFORE adding them. I get several requests a month from people or bots (I can tell it is a fake account for like mining and data mining) and reject them as a matter of course.

Automatic reject.

Usually, no. But recently I have been getting requests from friends of friends, and I accept those. I delete the foreign ones with no connections to me too

If I don't know them, I ask why they want to be friends with me, and if I like the answer I become friends with them...

Excuse me for not reading all 91 other comments but you need to check your security settings so you won't get such requests. I don't even accept all friend requests from people I know. They have to be friends of mine who I want to know things about me.

lerlo Level 8 Aug 6, 2018

I have a Facebook account but I look at it only once a year.

Denker Level 7 July 25, 2018

Pretty much reject, block and report.

I friend them unless they are Nigerian. I have a lot of people search me out to ask questions about herbal alternatives to pain and medical issues and some are older and not internet savvy so I have to give them a little time to let me know what they are after. If they have other objectives I can always dump them later, and report if necessary. Facebook doesn't care about Nigerian scammers though. I report them and they don't see anything wrong with that evidently.

I only accept friend requests from people I know, and occasionally friends of freinds with similar interests.

Out of the blue with no context or maybe 1 mutual friend I'll reject. Mounted archery has really taken off in popularity and I get requests from all over from folk with 30 mutual friends. I'll add them and make them unfollowed acquaintances. Common interest/shared passion. New possibilities.

No. Especially not men from out of country. Scams one and all.

Unless I have mutual friends I ignore them.

Reject

Of course I delete the friend requests from foreign men I don't know..they are just after a green card. Creeps.

I only accept friend requests if we have several mutual friends and when I check their Facebook page it has fun posts that I like. If they are full of Trump praises or anything boring, religious, or conservative, I pass. Or I might accept, but warn them I'm liberal by private message.

If I "know" the person from being a friend of a friend, or from being in a group, I accept. If it's someone I never heard of before, I usually reject. I've had too many random men friend me and then start PMing me right away.

Me, too! As soon as I accept, they would start messaging me.

Reject

Definitely reject, only accept request from known associates or confirmed friends of friends with references.

I get the 20 something gals with big boobs, but I never accept. I only accept ones that I know or is friends with my friends or we have met in person before.

Thanks for that laugh!

Reject!! They're probably scammers!

reject

I have about 900 pending requests, I actually know a few of them but I’ve lost interest so I’m on Twitter mostly, but here latly.

Always reject them. Too much clutter away from more important things and, sooner or later, there will be a disagreement. My sister got really upset at my Fiction sign in response to her coexist sign and she unfriended me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.